Important information for new registering members

You must validate your registration to become a member. If you did not receive your validation Email its best to check in your spam folder as it could be there.

You must use a real Email address or you will never be able to join the forum.

Welcome to the Philippines Expat Forum!

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo
- - - - -

Usa Consulate Cebu

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dalidali

dalidali

Premium Member

• 211 posts
  • 31 topics
  • Local time: 02:27 PM
  • Country of Birth: Country Flag
  • Blood Type:No Listing

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

I was reading another topic in this section about the CNI process.

I "think" I can get the US Consulate in Cebu to issue me that affidavit?

My documents are all lined up.....just a copy of the death certificate from the now departed spouse, issued in the USA, along with my valid USA passport.

Looking online......http://manila.usemba...v/marriage.html I can see a link to making an appointment but it seems to be only for the Manila Embassy.

I really don't want to go to Manila if at all possible.

My question is:...can I indeed get this affidavit issued at the Cebu USA Consulate and would I need to make an appointment or just do a walk-in?

saludos

On edit: I can't seem to get the topic headline USA Consulate USA caps to stick. It changes back to lower case even after the edit.

Edited by dalidali, 08 June 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#2 OFFLINE   Bruce

Bruce

Royal Member

• Premium Lifetime Member
  • 1,980 posts
  • 212 topics
  • Skin: Glare 3.4.4 (Import)
  • Local time: 04:27 PM

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

On edit: I can't seem to get the topic headline USA Consulate USA caps to stick. It changes back to lower case even after the edit.

Yes same for all of us. One day when the forum owner has some time :hystery: available, he may think about allowing all caps in the title, but only if he is in a good mood. :dance:

#3 ONLINE   MikeB

MikeB

Premium Lifetime Member

• Forum Administrators
  • 2,314 posts
  • 222 topics
  • Skin: Executive 2 (Import)
  • Local time: 04:27 AM
  • Blood Type:O+

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

My question is:...can I indeed get this affidavit issued at the Cebu USA Consulate and would I need to make an appointment or just do a walk-in?   saludos

Yes, you can get the Affidavit in Lieu of a Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage at the Cebu Consulate. They don't take appointments and are only open between 9-11am M-F. 

The forum software puts letters in the title not separated by a space in lower case.
  • Americano likes this

#4 OFFLINE   dalidali

dalidali

Premium Member

• 211 posts
  • 31 topics
  • Local time: 02:27 PM

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

The forum software puts letters in the title not separated by a space in lower case.

Ok thanks for this heads up.

However in the body of the post, that software glitch does not seem to apply.......USA USA USA........

#5 OFFLINE   Jollygoodfellow

Jollygoodfellow

Choose friends wisely, some are not what they appear to be!

• Forum Manager
  • 6,032 posts
  • 1,928 topics
  • Skin: Glare 3.4.4 (Import)
  • Local time: 06:27 AM

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

However in the body of the post, that software glitch does not seem to apply.......USA USA USA........

Its not a glitch, it is set that topic titles can not be all caps as it would look rather silly and then some would title in all caps and others won't so I have it set not to SHOUT as its called. The downfall is when things like "USA" are posted.

The system automatically changes the first letter in each word in titles to caps and the rest normal. The posting editor is a different matter and is working correctly.  :thumbsup:

Attached File  shouting.jpg   16.32KB   1 downloads

• Mike S likes this

Cebu Real. Estate Is A Free Property Listing Service. Register To Sell Your Property HERE

Boss Man

I'm just a Jolly Good Fellow

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users