Red Wine.

onemore
Posted
Posted

Now I am not an alcoholic, only  because I haven't been to a AA meeting, however I do love a good red wine.

So can anyone tell me if t here is anywhere in Cebu that stocks a good red, drink in or take away.

Cheers,

onemore

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

There are a number of places in Cebu City that stock quality ventages do a simple seach you will find many helpful details.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Now I am not an alcoholic, only  because I haven't been to a AA meeting, however I do love a good red wine.

Depends what you mean by "good", the sky's the limit. To me, a Chilean merlot or shiraz like Concha Y Toro Sunrise is good. Even that's hard to find. They run out and don't reorder for a year or maybe never and it's seldom stored correctly so the corks dry out. The local preference is sweet, high alcohol content, and screw caps so the supermarkets cater to that. Between the import and sin taxes "good" wine is an expensive habit. 

gmb8585
Posted
Posted

Hardy's Merlot at 711, but pricey, about 400p, also decent selection at the liquor store, Metro Department Store. lower level Ayala

onemore
Posted
Posted

Old55 & MikeB,

Thanks for the info, now that I have my priorities sorted I can start looking for somewhere to stay.

Cheers

• Like 3