Laoag Connection

hocoa
Posted
Posted

I'm a Filipino who has lived more than half of my life outside the Philippines. Now thinking of moving back to the Philippines someday but not to Manila where I grew up because my wife (who is not a Filipina) doesn't like it there. To make a long story short, my wife likes Laoag but we knew nobody there except the tourguide cum driver whom we got to know when we toured Ilocos recently. Anyone from Laoag in this forum?

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

A Swede I know a litle - but have lost contact with - has moved there and is involved in building a Call Center business.  He chosed that location because he like it there and it has good enough Internet available.  Besides that I don't know anything  :)   

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

There is a novel/essays by J. Peter Fitzgerald that mention some trips to that area.  He maintains a residence in Cagayan the Provence just north. If you are an amazon member the eBook version is free, very funny and well worth the price.

hocoa
Posted
Posted

Thanks Gerald for the book recommendation. It's available at Amazon, I'm sure I will enjoy reading it.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
Thanks Gerald for the book recommendation. It's available at Amazon, I'm sure I will enjoy reading it.

Best bet yet is free read on amazon