Naia Connecting From T3 To T2

Mango-Johnny
Posted
Posted

Hi, everybody!

This is regarding Manila airport connection time between flights. My original plan (and booking) for travel in April was to arr. by 12:00 noon at T3 on a 5J-flight and to continue by PR from T2 at 15:20.

3 hrs. 20 min. are a reasonable amount of time to change Terminals and check-in for the new flight.

BUT: PR rescheduled my flight and now my PR flight is scheduled to dep. MNL at 14:15 which means my connecting time became a crucial issue. I did research for the minimum connecting time at NAIA airport (theoretical 2 hours) but I’m still worried about if this could work out fine…? I’ld like to know if anyone of the members have any experience regarding connections in NAIA plus I also like to know if the new schedule entitles me to cancel my PR flight without paying any cancellation fee, of course. I’ll check with PR as well but I like to know my rights ahead of discussing this with Phil. Air. Anyone who can give me a useful advice?? Thanx

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)

I connected from T3 to T2 on the 12th January this year. It took a little under two hours, from arrival at T3 to the boarding gate at

T2.

There is a PAL help desk in the arrivals area of T3; if I recall correctly this is right after the baggage reclaim area, or it might be right before it.

They will check that you are booked on PAL and direct you to the PAL shuttle bus boarding area which is right at the left hand end of the terminal as you exit the baggage reclaim are.

Be warned that this is quite a hike - basically you keep turning left - and do keep paying careful attention to the signage, which is not wonderfully clear.

You do a U so that you are facing the tarmac again and then turn Right into a comfortable waiting area.

The shuttle is a small, but smart and comfortable, people carrier. and you should be able to make it in time. You MUST make it clear

to the PAL people that you are in a hurry, or everything will happen in Philippines time.

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

Mango-Johnny
Posted
Posted

Hello Methersgate,

thank you for the useful reply. Actually, it seems it all depends if my flight to MNL is ON TIME. I've done the connection between the two terminals before in the opposite direction but with more than sufficient time but with 2:15 hrs. left my confidence dropped a bit. Thanks again for your help. Mango-Johnny

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: For me, it is Important Nay! Imperative! that you contact the PAL Desk or a PAL Supervisor as soon as you Can to explain you have a Connecting Flight, they are Normally very Good at cutting some Corners on this issue.

Best of Luck here My Friend  :thumbsup:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

We left the 22nd of January from Terminal 2. All the construction they have going on there sure made getting there difficult. Traffic started at the road outside Terminal 3 near the Villamore Airbase. It took an hour to get to Terminal 2. Stop and go nearly all the way.

I would say get to the transfer desk as quick as you can. They might have a different exit for the shuttle. But if they have to go out into traffic all bets are off on time to get there.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
They might have a different exit for the shuttle.

The regular shuttle to the right as you exit T1, not the PAL shuttle, goes along the runway side of the airport, not on the streets. I imagine that the PAL shuttle does the same.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The regular shuttle to the right as you exit T1, not the PAL shuttle, goes along the runway side of the airport, not on the streets. I imagine that the PAL shuttle does the same.

Yes, it does. You get a free tour of hangars and maintenance areas and private jets. I even spotted a DC3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I even spotted a DC3.

"WOW" did you get a Picture of the Old Girl?

Wonderful safe Aircraft  post-2148-0-51071700-1422940316_thumb.jp KLM built their Reputation on it

I had the Pleasure of Flying one in My early years in the R.A.F post-2148-0-92845400-1422940406_thumb.jp Great days. :thumbsup:

Oooooops Sorry, a nostalgic Digression :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

Markham
Posted
Posted

Maybe it did but T1 is closed!

jpbago
Posted
Posted
. I even spotted a DC3.

I flew in one in Costa Rica, low and following the coast line from San Jose to Quepos.

• Like 1