How Do I Find A Real Online Job And Not A Scam?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Or you could just do what JGF does. :hystery:   Here is a link to that:

http://www.pla.qld.gov.au/brothels/establishingBrothel.htm

• Like 1

Crocodile
Posted
Posted

Blogging is fun but, unless you are as popular as the Pope and Katie Perry, you won't make any money at it. Dave mentioned the old ODesk... That was where I got started at my writing... After several articles, I got the chance to ghost write for a supposed author...
Very few earn a normal western salary ore more at writing, but rather many earn some extra. But we don't need a normal western salary to live in Phils  :)

(Recounted to nowadays money value, I have got around:

/100 USD for an essay (funny)

/1400 USD for a section of a handbook  (psychology, mental training)

/Nothing  :)   at a by publisher APROVED digital minibook (effective living).  Of course nothing, because I would get part of the selling, but the publisher demanded 29.99 USD for each such MINIbook. Who want to pay that?!   I told them BEFORE they started, they better ask 9.99, but they didn't listen   :1 (103):

/I have forgot how much I got totaly  (around 40 USD per SHORT article) but I had an assignment 15+ years for a rather big newspaper (sport) before they had to save because of internet... :th_unfair:   :)

/Unclear what the pay was, because it was just a part of a work. Writing website content (computer simulations/strategic games).

(/Writing LEGAL documents to courts and such can be good pay, not much for the writing, but for the thinking. Normaly I ask a percentage of the result compared to what it had been if I hadn't solved it. Last months I have worked hard trying to solve a mess for a client. One HUGE error can't be solved, just reduce the damage, but all the rest I believe I have solved. IF the reduced damage is good, my share can be enough to pay a BIG Filipino style house (20 000 USD.)

So I write in MUCH different styles depending of subject and situation. I don't believe courts would like if I would write to them in my funny type style :lol:

Thanks for writing this.  Some interesting comments that give me some ideas.

I am looking to semi-retire and earn a little extra income to keep active and busy (ie. out of trouble) and your post has helped alot.  What did you find to be the biggest waste of your writing time?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
What did you find to be the biggest waste of your writing time?

In Thomas's case nobody read it   :hystery:  Sorry  :mocking:

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

What did you find to be the biggest waste of your writing time?

In Thomas's case nobody read it   :hystery:

:)

Thanks for writing this. Some interesting comments that give me some ideas. I am looking to semi-retire and earn a little extra income to keep active and busy (ie. out of trouble) and your post has helped alot. What did you find to be the biggest waste of your writing time?
Finding publisher/payer   :)

Except things I wrote when I were in Elementary school,  ALL I have written for publishing since then including High School age have been published and paid for. (But one book I got only a part of published. I agree, because I wrote it in some MINUTES here and there between High school work and much sports, so it don't have any good "flew". But a section of it wonn a price in a writers contest for grown ups, so I think it's worth adjusting, when I get time. If it's approved, I plan to try to make a TV production company make a comic serie of it  :mocking:   I'm NOT joking.  

(I DON'T find myself writing good enough in English to be used profesionaly, BUT an American-Spanish publishing company approved one of my booklet ENGLISH texts!!!  (Of course they made some adjustments as publishers do normaly.) So I write mainly in Swedish, which reduce my market and assignment possibilities much  :boohoo:   :)