What Goes On In The Civil Court When Married?

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I wore a male Filipino Sarong ( spell check )
(I guess you mean Barong Tagalog (=special a bit long shirts).)
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I don't envision myself (or most of you) to wear a barong most of the year so, why buy one? :)
I prefer it much before a suit... :)
  • Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

You did not get the proper advice.

1. She needs a CENOMAR from NSO. You need a statement from your Embassy stating you are not currently married.

2. Since you are required to be in Philippines 10 days prior to the marriage you need a photocopy of

your passport showing your latest arrival.

3, If the JP comes to the hotel, you get a bill. If it's in City Hall there's a token fee, you don't pay extra. Staff who assisted us asked for Merienda, I generously gave them 2k for the whole office.

4. Seminar can be waived, most provincial govt hospitals will just sign off on it.

5. All these Docs will be requested 3-4 days in advance. The Celebrant, the one who officiates the ceremony is the one to submit the marriage contract to NSO, but you pick it up. There's fee of around 1500, 500 extra for express service. With a few hundred extra he will pick it up also. This NSO Certificate is extremely important esp as you might apply for a 13A Visa Permanent Residency.

EDIT: If you provided your nationality I could advise you more. Check your country of origin's web site, they have instructions there. Don't take it lightly, you have to follow them.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
4. Seminar can be waived, most provincial govt hospitals will just sign off on it.

Again like everything else here in the Phil ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR LOCATION as to rules and regulations ..... if you marry say in Cebu City as we did you will attend ALL the Seminars or you will not get your certificate to apply for your marriage license ..... one foreigner thought he would be smart and not reappear after lunch for the 2nd half ..... which required you to sign in after lunch ..... guess what he had to retake and pay for the seminar again ......

I have seen for myself some one fly in and get married and fly back home in 2 weeks ..... while there is a waiting period to be eligible to get married and to say if this marriage will be legal or not is not up to me but there have been numerous examples of marriages being denied later on because people didn't follow the rules .... but then again what are rules in the Phils ..... JMHO ..... :hystery:

:cheersty:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

1. She needs a CENOMAR from NSO. You need a statement from your Embassy stating you are not currently married.

2. Since you are required to be in Philippines 10 days prior to the marriage you need a photocopy of

3, If the JP comes to the hotel, you get a bill. If it's in City Hall there's a token fee, you don't pay extra. Staff who assisted us asked for Merienda, I generously gave them 2k for the whole office.

5. All these Docs will be requested 3-4 days in advance. The Celebrant, the one who officiates the ceremony is the one to submit the marriage contract to NSO, but you pick it up. There's fee of around 1500, 500 extra for express service. With a few hundred extra he will pick it up also. This NSO Certificate is extremely important esp as you might apply for a 13A Visa Permanent Residency.

EDIT: If you provided your nationality I could advise you more. Check your country of origin's web site, they have instructions there. Don't take it lightly, you have to follow them.

I think he did get the proper advice as to what he was asking. From what I see he said he has done the paperwork side of things and was asking what went on at the civil court or place chosen to marry.

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

Yeah, Mike, small provincial hospitals have a nurse/counselor assigned. Unlike major cities.

The session is an hour. Free. I just suggested to her to sign the paper which she did. I mean really, most of us have been married and we are already "in relationship" with the partner. Maybe for very young couples.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Hey Scott. At 60, does the chain matter? It matters when you are younger :)

Also, thanks for all but I really need some details of the event. In all of my life, I never spent alot on things that could take ay be an hour. However, this one seems to break my rules even though it's (I think) is stupid to spend a fortune on something that won't last or used? Fpr example. I don't envision myself (or most of you) to wear a barong most of the year so, why buy one? :)

Besides, I intend to do a DCF and take the wife back to the US!

Hey Dolby,

Nothing lasts forever but the memory does. Very small investment for a nice memory. Think about it.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

I think he did get the proper advice as to what he was asking. From what I see he said he has done the paperwork side of things and was asking what went on at the civil court or place chosen to marry.

Yes good point. I think though if you have requested a JP or Judge to come to a venue it's not just a charitable donation. It's a set fee and could vary, I don't want to say how much, 3-5K? Anything above that is extortion in my opinion, for an hours work. They will be the one to process your papers and submit through City Hall to NSO along with the fees. And this should be clear from the beginning. Above 10k I would be asking questions, so it's better to have it all laid out in advance.

Mayor does it free with only the processing fees, around 2500-2800, I think it was.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

The problem I had with a judge was this Go to Raffle thing they do.

Twice ours went to Raffle as each time the Judge that got our case, was busy on the day we wanted so it had to go back into the draw again, This can add a week or more to the proceedings and if the Time gets to tight then more problems arise.

JP :tiphat:  

• Like 1