What Goes On In The Civil Court When Married?

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Hehehe. I remember back when Myrlita & I went through the seminar, being at our ages, the instructor not only waived us past it but asked if her or I have any advice to give the young couples.

• Like 5

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
if her or I have any advice to give the young couples.

Did you say "RUN FORREST RUN"  :hystery: 

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
If your fiancee is under 25 she must attend pre marriage counseling. There is a wait of I think 2 weeks after the application for a marriage licence as it is advertised for any objections.

My wife was over the age of 25 and still had to do the pre marriage counseling. Not a bit deal, only took a short time, but it took a few weeks to find a date when the official was available to do the counseling.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Is your fiancee religious? If so you can schedule a time for a priest to bless the wedding rings with of course a small donation to the church of 1-2k pesos. We had a civil wedding but my wife would not wear her wedding ring until they had been blessed.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Don't forget the honeymoon. We enjoyed a few days in Vigan at a nice boutique hotel.

Dolby
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok folks... Back now to this thread...

Thanks all for the replies whether it applied or not. Special thanks to JolleyGoodFellow. He nailed it on the head :)

It ended up in the court raffle yesterday. I got the date/time and branch today where they would do the hanging stuff :) And oh ... I ended up renting the barong, black slacks (1200 P plus 1000 deposit). I asked her to buy instead of renting. She ended up buying a gold ring for 3500 P, a dress for 800 P, a purse for 600 P, belt for 300 P plus some 500 P misc.

However you look at it it's cheaper here than back home!

The witnesses came from the bridal rental place where my gf asked the manager if she was ok with it? She said she couldn't leave the rental but will arrange for an old couple to meet us at the Hall of Justice and do it. I expect some pesos there :)

My ring ... well, I had an old one tucked in my stuff that I will use. Nobody had my size and to order one would take a Filipino month to do. Since my gf want to get married yesterday, she accepted :) Horray :)

Oh ... there was this coin thing too in addition to the two rings to bless. Either 13 single pesos or 13 single 5 pesos. My gf made sure they get the shiny ones :)

So, according to this, I am all set to be chained next week!

PS: If you want the date to be set as you please, you'd have to pay for it by giving the judge some 2k pesos. If you want to have some reception at somewhere, you'd have to pay him some 5k to come over and do it for you.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow

chris49
Posted
Posted

"She said she couldn't leave the rental but will arrange for an old couple to meet us at the Hall of Justice and do it. I expect some pesos there"

Yes maybe 500. But the actual custom is lunch with the bridal party, which might be a big deal for them.

For 30 mins work either or. Lunch or 500. I would not give both.

Dolby
Posted
Posted

Well, they came on their own (strangers) so, at least I would have to compensate them for that?

Besides, their coming is solving a problem!

So, most likely I will put a 1000 P in an envelope and give it?

Mind you, I would consider that an insult to come for something if it was me.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Yes maybe 500. But the actual custom is lunch with the bridal party, which might be a big deal for them.

No they were paid witness for the bridal party so customs has nothing to do with it. This is like a business deal not a celebrity wedding.  :867:

chris49
Posted
Posted

No they were paid witness for the bridal party so customs has nothing to do with it. This is like a business deal not a celebrity wedding.  :867:

Yes ok.  That's the reality.