Condo near WHO office in Manila

MClark
Posted
Posted

Hello, I am helping a former colleague who will be starting short-term employment with WHO in Manila.

Are there expat type condo that is walking distance from WHO?  I know the are is not as secure as some of the Makati-based UN Offices, and wonder if it makes sense to live near the WHO offices and avoid the horrendous traffic around Manila, or be safe and stay in the expat hub of Makati?

ManilaBae
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, MClark said:

Hello, I am helping a former colleague who will be starting short-term employment with WHO in Manila.

Are there expat type condo that is walking distance from WHO?  I know the are is not as secure as some of the Makati-based UN Offices, and wonder if it makes sense to live near the WHO offices and avoid the horrendous traffic around Manila, or be safe and stay in the expat hub of Makati?

When you say "expat type condo", are you referring to modern western interiors & surrounds eg. Rockwell or just modern interiors and typical Manila surrounds? If you're after the former, then I dont think there is anything comparable to what Rockwell, BGC or Resorts World offer in the Manila district. However, it is likely to find well appointed condos that are spacious. The only downside is the surrounding environment can be chaotic. 

Whilst Makati is nice, the commute to Manila can be debilitating. You could consider Resort's World (in front of the NAIA Intl terminal). Some of the apartments are brand new and all residential buildings are constantly surveilled by security guards. The Skyway is literally at its door, so it is an easy and a quick taxi/car trip to Manila, bypassing some of the heavy traffic congestions along SLEX. In addition, it straddles nicely midway between BGC, Makati, Mall of Asia and within super easy reach to the Manila airports.

Edited by ManilaBae
  • Like 2