Manila cheap eats

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I like halo-halo, but there is usually too much ice, not enough ice cream.  There is a kiosk at Robinson's mall that sells soft serve ice cream and they just started selling 'halo-halo'.  No ice - just soft serve ice cream with all the crazy toppings. Even my wife says it is better than regular halo-halo :tiphat:

Is that the big Robinsons or JT mall in Molo (that has a robinsons supermarket). I mist try that.. The only reason im not into Halo Halo is because its mostly shaved ice with very sweet cream. Take the ice awey and add ice cream = im sold :D. Do you remember where about the kiosk is so i can go and sample it :D?

robert k
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

I didn't know foreigners like Halo Halo. I have tried it atleast 5 times (in different places) and it allways tasted "meh" to me.

I don't know why they put beans in Halox2. I have never seen a Filipino who didn't pick them out.

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I like halo-halo, but there is usually too much ice, not enough ice cream.  There is a kiosk at Robinson's mall that sells soft serve ice cream and they just started selling 'halo-halo'.  No ice - just soft serve ice cream with all the crazy toppings. Even my wife says it is better than regular halo-halo :tiphat:

best halo-halo locally is from the market 25php !

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Sander Martin said:

Is that the big Robinsons or JT mall in Molo

The big Robinson's. (they call it Robinson's Super because the big vegetable market behind Robinson's is called the Super.) Upstairs by the food court. It is just a kiosk beside the elevators.  Forget the exact name...  :tiphat:

• Like 1