Mambucal Resort Bacolod

mogo51
Posted
Posted

We have stopped for the day at Bacolod on the recommendation of sonjack (Kevin).  We checked into Circle Inn for the night and will go by bus to Dumaguete tomorrow.

Sander another forum member recommended a bus trip to Mambucal Resort, a hot spring resort in the mountain just out of Bacolod.  We are pleased we did this trip, beautiful resort plenty of trees and greenery, large swimming pool, kids pool and the hot spring pool.  I enjoyed a swim in normal pool, then headed for hot spring and my body was so glad I did so.

I had 3/4 hour in the pool and really feel great,  The bus trip was just over an hour but through some lovely country.  We have now little chance to look around Bacolod but streets are wide and it seems a potential retirement spot, but will have to return to check it out next trip/

The boat trip from Iloilo to Bacolod was wonderful, nice flat ocean and hardly felt a thing.  SO also enjoyed the trip and the resort.

Another great recommendation from forum members.  We should all get incorporated into a travel advisory service haha!

• Like 4

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)

Glad you enjoyed it Ron! We plan on going back to Mambukal before flying to Europe (and maybe stay for the night this time - book ahead, because it gets busy). Hopefully this month, might have to take granny with us to babysit Karl, so me and Anne can spend some alone time :).

Ron i forgot to tell you about Calea cake shop in Bocolod. They have amazing cakes, if you feel like treating your misses with something sweet tonight :). Its shouldnt be far from your hotel. Alot of Iloilo residents take the boat trip just for the cakes (their cheese cake and ice creame cakes are awesome!!).

Hopefully its ok to post this link:

https://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/Restaurant_Review-g298464-d1967951-Reviews-Calea-Bacolod_Negros_Occidental_Negros_Island_Visayas.html

We went for the cakes just before our bus trip down to Duma. Made the boring long bus ride much more tolarable with some good cakes in your tummy.

Edited by Sander Martin

• 2 months later...
Kurt Brandon Lee
Posted
Posted

I loved Mumbukol  as well but felt bored at night as our little cottage had everything but a TV. Seeing the bats flying around and hanging upside down over the hot springs was cool as well.