Where to stay in Dumaguete

RBM
Posted
Posted

This seems to have moved away from the original OP whom was asking about Hotels in Dumaguete.

Perhaps if he is able to provide more details we maybe able to help, such as price and length of stay.

I stay frequently in Dumaguete hotels, most mid price range, at times expensive ones.  

So a few more tips Mr OP and we shall make more comments.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, RBM said:

This seems to have moved away from the original OP whom was asking about Hotels in Dumaguete.

Yes I split the topic. Members should start their own topics if they wish to discuss other things.

New topic, 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
almost there1
Posted
Posted

Is anyone familiar with Bais City???   I heard from a source that it is nice and should consider it for retirement.   Any info appreciated

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

There are many beautiful towns and cities for retirement, but as a foreigner, you need to consider other factors.

Available medical facilities of reasonable quality.

Proximity to supermarkets with groceries you want.

Other expats nearby for social interaction.

Recreational facilities.

Internet and cellular phone connectivity.

Etc.

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, almost there1 said:

Is anyone familiar with Bais City???   I heard from a source that it is nice and should consider it for retirement.   Any info appreciated

I` ve been there a very nice place very clean market.The downside is that it is a small place and very few choices of amenities.I liked the place but it would not have been much different from Dalaguete where I moved from to get to a bigger place.It is best when choosing a place to do some boots on the ground before committing.It is better to be safe than sorry.

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, almost there1 said:

Almost there, I think you have a good topic here and it deserves it's own thread. Ironic that it is directly under JGF's post about starting new threads for different topics. My impression from passing through Baise a few times was that it was cleaner, less crowded and less traffic than Dumaguete. I would describe it as more of a sleepy little burg not unlike what I'm looking for but I want a larger city than Dumaguete at about the same proximity for when I need what you need a city to find.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

For me, no decent restaurants and no decent shopping and a long drive to find same.  But its nice for some things, as in its cheap and the girls still look at foreigners as something special.

Dave they have Jolly bee haha

• Like 5

RBM
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, JJReyes said:

There are many beautiful towns and cities for retirement, but as a foreigner, you need to consider other factors.

Available medical facilities of reasonable quality.

Proximity to supermarkets with groceries you want.

Other expats nearby for social interaction.

Recreational facilities.

Internet and cellular phone connectivity.

Etc.

Very good advice here, especially concerning medical care. It's not unusual to be involved in an accident, one must give priority to decent medical care. Most here will know of at least a few cases where a life was lost due to inadequate medical care or time spent finding same.

Last year a friend died needlessly in Camiguin as took to long to get CDO.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

For me, no decent restaurants and no decent shopping and a long drive to find same.  But its nice for some things, as in its cheap and the girls still look at foreigners as something special.

So why did I know you would be fully conversant in this area Dave??? haha

• Like 5