VA Certified Doctors in Baguio

FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posted
Posted

Does anybody know of doctors in Baguio who are certified for VA disability claims?

chris49
Posted
Posted

As I understand it's the hospital which is approved for AAA care, not the Dr.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/usmilitarypinoy/?ref=bookmarks

Go here and pose the question. The group is restricted to US Vets, so you may be asked your status before you are accepted.

Excellent site with all the info you will need.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I thought I read that all claims and VA doctors were only in Manila now? 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, FortuneFavorsTheBold said:

Does anybody know of doctors in Baguio who are certified for VA disability claims?

Retired US Military here Fortune. This is what I found out during my research before retiring here.

If a person has a "service connected" disability he can be seen for THAT disability only at the VA Clinic in Manila. For all other health problems he must seek regular medical help.

If a person qualifies for the military Tri-Care insurance program (as in my case) we can use Tri-Care Standard, see Tri-Care approved doctors and use Tri-Care approved facilities. Payment is upfront and reimbursed through the field office in Singapore.

We have used the Tri-Care program here with no major problems.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I thought I read that all claims and VA doctors were only in Manila now? 

I have read that on the link I provided for the OP.

Also. The VA Clinic in Manila has an up to 6 month waiting list for a routine appointment. What the OP wants is an approved facility like St. Lukes, Asian Hospital etc, where he can get his 80% coverage under AAA, Tri Care. (Replying to Scott.)

I have not gone into details because I don't know exactly, but I know the answer will be provided on the link I provided. Again what has to be factored is whether it's worth going to a big medical center for high level care, but you do pay 20% and the hospital payment is upfront, compensation comes later. Or getting primary care at a local hospital and simply paying the bill. From Baguio there is travel to Manila so fctor that also. Tri Care does give a transportation allowance but I am not sure how much.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

And the mission of the VA Clinic in Manila was originally to provide care for retired Filipino Vets. When, many years ago the service was upgraded it has never coped up with the demand of having thousands of retirees in the Philippines.

One vet has died of diabetes and kidney failure while waiting for a ruling on eligibility prompting a Congressional Inquiry. Like me, I am a US Vet, not retired. I would not even consider to go there, but if I did live in the USA I might go to a VA hospital.

• Like 1

FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, chris49 said:

I have read that on the link I provided for the OP.

Also. The VA Clinic in Manila has an up to 6 month waiting list for a routine appointment. What the OP wants is an approved facility like St. Lukes, Asian Hospital etc, where he can get his 80% coverage under AAA, Tri Care. (Replying to Scott.)

I have not gone into details because I don't know exactly, but I know the answer will be provided on the link I provided. Again what has to be factored is whether it's worth going to a big medical center for high level care, but you do pay 20% and the hospital payment is upfront, compensation comes later. Or getting primary care at a local hospital and simply paying the bill. From Baguio there is travel to Manila so fctor that also. Tri Care does give a transportation allowance but I am not sure how much.

Poor wording on my part. I am submitting a claim for disability and I need a doctor in Baguio who can do an exam and write a report to support my claim. My line of thinking is if this is a VA certified doctor, his or her report should eliminate the need for me to travel to Manila.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, FortuneFavorsTheBold said:

I need a doctor in Baguio

Ah, gotcha. If you look at either the VA web site or the Tri care web sight at the international section. You will find a list of doctors and institutions that are approved by the VA. We have to assume that if they are approved to be paid they can approve documents. But just remember was ASSume stands for :hystery:

• Like 1

FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, scott h said:

Ah, gotcha. If you look at either the VA web site or the Tri care web sight at the international section. You will find a list of doctors and institutions that are approved by the VA. We have to assume that if they are approved to be paid they can approve documents. But just remember was ASSume stands for :hystery:

Thanks Scott. Don't recall seeing any in Baguio but will check again.

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 2:49 PM, FortuneFavorsTheBold said:

Poor wording on my part. I am submitting a claim for disability and I need a doctor in Baguio who can do an exam and write a report to support my claim. My line of thinking is if this is a VA certified doctor, his or her report should eliminate the need for me to travel to Manila.

Have you had an evaluation at VA Manila or other VA Hospital?

Are you receiving anything for Agent Orange exposure? Per what you posted in the other thread you would be eligible.

Edited by chris49