Could You Live On Just $32,000 Per Year?

stevewool
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Dave I take your point, it is also very hard to foresee what might happen in the future. There are many Expat's who have had to leave it all behind and return home because "it ain't in the budget" to get sick themselves.

Just one of the reason's I've not taken the plunge and moved permanently to Philippines,while we still have a National Health Service in UK.

A very good reason too,

The younger you can make the move the better, but thats no guarantee you will stay well, so you must make sure you will be able to take care from your own finances.

Or you dont make the move .

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, i am bob said:

KLet's see...  $1000 USD is, on a quick conversion, P50,000 a month...  If you have a nest egg / credit card or some other form of emergency fund that you aren't going to touch..?  Very doable..!  Unless you need the big big house with a big big yard in the middle of an expensive subdivision...  Eat imported food for every meal...  Live as if you were in your home country...  Hmm...  Could afford to live in your home country on $1000 a month?  Those who say no usually have higher demands on how they live...  myself?  I'm doing fine on P30-35k a month for myself with a katabung while having her cousins visit on weekends and dating at the same time...  And, yes, I have access to more but I don't need it...  In fact I'm doing a Visa Run shortly I'm trying to budget into my monthly expenses...  Just see if it's doable without lowering my living standards...  Yes, I've done a lot of traveling lately but that's for business and comes from a different budget but only the travel and accommodations...  :whistling:

Was we borne from the same womb do you think.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

You get what you pay for.

Good is not cheap and cheap is not always good.

You are right on so many things but sometimes people dont like buying cheap, they like to buy a name .

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, stevewool said:

You are right on so many things but sometimes people dont like buying cheap, they like to buy a name .

Fatal mistake most times, they are just not the same as you buy back Home, wherever you are from and whatever the Brand is you think you are buying :whistling:

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

Me , well who knows until i get there, that's why i am saving very hard......

Hmm.....me thinks that Steve will get his ultimate wet dream as he heads out for the nearest tropical beach.  It will be a target enriched environment for his new 10K bucks long lens:

long lens.JPG Up close and personal!  

• Like 5

stevewool
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jake said:

Hmm.....me thinks that Steve will get his ultimate wet dream as he heads out for the nearest tropical beach.  It will be a target enriched environment for his new 10K bucks long lens:

long lens.JPG Up close and personal!  

Dont need that to get  that wet dream Jake, i just wear dark sunglasses so the wife cant see me looking at every sexy lady that is there wearing that skimpy swimwear.

Remember boys this is only between you and me .

The last time i was on a beach was at Matabungkay and i was alone taking pictures and the young ladies that came up to me asking to take there pictures, but by the time i got back to our place somehow the pictures was deleted.

Nice lens by the way

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted
On 4/15/2017 at 3:53 AM, stevewool said:

I like to buy things cheap.  My wife has to buy things with a name.  Maybe we neutralize each other out.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Maxheadspace said:

I like to buy things cheap.  My wife has to buy things with a name.  Maybe we neutralize each other out.

I like to buy things with a cheap name.  For example, I may buy a Chinese phone instead of an IPhone but I would buy a Huawei which is a big name in China (and getting that way in Philippines)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Maxheadspace said:

On 4/15/2017 at 3:53 PM, stevewool said:

I like to buy things cheap.

:89: I like to think we should buy value for Money :whistling: but my wife bless her cannot resist what she thinks is a bargain For me, Not always the best  here :smile: I have stopped equating to the UK now after realizing that it is what it is. I do have every now and then, a problem getting her to Understand that "Cheap" in a lot of cases can be "False Economy"  Such is Life :huh:

Jack :shades:

Morning All :morning1: ( Sitting watching "Cheap Pain Dry" in the Bedroom for the 4th time in 3 years)