Regatta Bay condo, Puerto Princessa, Palawan.

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
On 8/8/2016 at 7:54 PM, Snowy79 said:

Thanks again Queenie. I've just had an e-mail with the Certificate to Sell and confirmation that the land is for Urban Development. I contacted the Housing and Land Use Regulatory Board and received the above documentation.

Do the builders have to prove they own the site first though? It sounds stupid but in the UK you can apply for planning permission even on your neighbour's land. It can be granted but obviously your neighbour can stop you entering his land so no one in their right mind would do it.

All the best

Davy

Hi Snowy,

I can't really say with any authority. It seems like it would make sense to own the land site first, but I wouldn't know.  Urban development with a large condo complex--I'm not sure of the policy for that. I see a 40 meter clearance as a possible salvage zone in some realty sites in that area.

As many have already said and you plan to do, It's best to be there and be armed with all your questions, and find out as much as you can in-person.

Looks like a lovely site--best wishes with your venture.

Queenie

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Well today I touched down in sunny Puerto Princesa and had a guided tour of the developmemt site, looked around a couple of show homes and a mock up of the condos. The lay out inside is very good. Not large by any standards but ample enough for a couple with a rug rat. The general finish is fair to middling although the basic kitchen units were on the cheap side. You do have the option of sitting down with the developers and paying for better quality though with the price difference between the stock items and what you want added to the over all cost. I did have to haggle with them over the balcony as it's more like a window box. Any decent sized guy would struggle to sit side ways on it. They are having words with the architect though as I told them unless two decent sized people could sit out on it having a beer it's useless space.

I queried the height of the condo as it's four floors and they said they were cleared for up to seven floors which surprised me. I checked all the documentation with the DENR and the Government offices and everything is above board.

The general area looks like it has some very good potential with resonable looking properties nearby and a small walk to the beach which is getting developed. They're even planing on landscaping the lake area and cleaning it up for snorkeliing and various watersports.

A large Mall is due to be finished in the next year and with major expansions planned for the Airport touch wood things are looking promising.

As a final note I'm in Palawan until the 31st of this month so if any Ex Pats in the area fancy a quiet beer sometime drop me a PM.

All the best

Davy

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
Joe Caporina
Posted
Posted

Authors, Did you look at Regatta Bay Condos and Townhouse site? I reserved to buy the Murex Townhouse but I am not sure when they plan to start construction and wonder if you heard any info?  I'm asking because I am living abroad and their local competitors tell me Regatta Bay buyers are changing to them because they they take too long and cant build  in mangrove. I ask to see if they had builing permits  for the Murex Townhouses they did in 2014 but currently Sept 2016 they ONLY have a have a Triton Townhouse model unit built. The Murex Developer Management failed give me an explanation why construction was delayed or present if any written guaranteed completion date. I really like Regatta Bay and want to be fair and hear Regatta side of the story why they took so long but they only give me just verbal language 2-3 years to complete. If you have any intel it would be very helpful. Thanks.

robert k
Posted
Posted

Sad to say, I can't see handing money over in the Philippines for living space that hasn't been built yet. Of course I'm none too sure about the practice in the US either.:89:

RBM
Posted
Posted

Also apart from the obvious pit falls, condo dues, garaging and other hidden charges one should consider neighbours, elevators and garbage chutes.

Having spent (mostly alone) over 3 years in a condo the experiences were mixed.Don't be fooled wealthy neighbours no problem, the maids of such are the most noisy of all. Also Asians tend to be extremely loud clearing their throats or something similar early mornings. Talking to them about such is impossible. 

Certainly not saying don't buy just go in with eyes open, not for everybody. We ended up building a nice place (not easy) over 160 SQ for the price of a condo about a forth that size, plus no dues, wake up to green grass.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Joe Caporina said:

Authors, Did you look at Regatta Bay Condos and Townhouse site? I reserved to buy the Murex Townhouse but I am not sure when they plan to start construction and wonder if you heard any info?  I'm asking because I am living abroad and their local competitors tell me Regatta Bay buyers are changing to them because they they take too long and cant build  in mangrove. I ask to see if they had builing permits  for the Murex Townhouses they did in 2014 but currently Sept 2016 they ONLY have a have a Triton Townhouse model unit built. The Murex Developer Management failed give me an explanation why construction was delayed or present if any written guaranteed completion date. I really like Regatta Bay and want to be fair and hear Regatta side of the story why they took so long but they only give me just verbal language 2-3 years to complete. If you have any intel it would be very helpful. Thanks.

In had a walk around the site when I was over in the last couple of months. They had three homes built, the roads cleared and had started laying the drainage pipes. The town houses do look pretty nice and when I was in their sales office a majority of them had been reserved. I'm not under the impression that there are any buildings near the mangrove area as it's a good 500m from the area that I looked at.

I did notice a lack of workmen when I was there which they explained being due to the materials being on route from the mainland. 

I'm due to make my main payment in November but shall be retiring to the Philippines then anyway so will ensure I visit again before parting with the money. If I don't see any decent progress they better have a good excuse. My condo is due for completion by March 2018 which I'm sure after translation probably means December at the best.  

Regatta.mp4

Regatta2.mp4

Joe Caporina
Posted
Posted

The Murex is closer to the ocean by the palm trees opposite side the nice Triton Model. I guess its their custom to take a risk and pay a down payment and wait and see. I wish their management was better at communications and making their customers fell better about their investment. I noticed CMDC Management never would respond to email that ask for reassurance or reasons for delays, but they will respond to help make a payment.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
George34
Posted
Posted

Hello All. Myself and the missus recently reserved two Murex's as an investment and with a view to moving over from Australia at some point. Just wondering if anyone has paid the site a visit recently, and can advise on how it has progressed since the two nice little videos above were uploaded. Or maybe anyone going shortly could do the same. Were planning a visit mid year and will post updates at the time.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, George34 said:

Just wondering if anyone has paid the site a visit recently, and can advise on how it has progressed since the two nice little videos above were uploaded.

Yes I was there last week and the locals have moved in  :mocking: Just joking 

squatter area.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
Snowy79
Posted
Posted

The good news is I have visited the site for the second time. The last time was about three months ago and I can safely say the grass is a bit longer now. I'm telling them they can take a hike as at the rate of building they should be ready by 2025. I took a video of the site if anyone wants it. It's as the attached videos previously but they've painted the outside of the houses better. Unfortunately my internet is pretty useless at the moment but imagine a field with trenches where the drainage pipes are and some rough dirt tracks with four main buildings in a block and 200m away a stand alone building. The security guy assured me large machinery and a workforce are coming from Manila to complete the project. I think they're travelling by dug out canoe. My advise is not to touch it.

• Like 1