Majic Jack works ok in P.I?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Reboot said:

I've heard others recommend Google Voice. Not sure which might be best. I am already a Google customer for other services.

I use GV for a US phone number and the Hangouts app on my phone for free calls to the States. Never used it to call other countries (I always get a local sim in the country I am in) so have no idea how the fee part works and never used MJ to be able to help with a comparison.

davewe
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I use GV for a US phone number and the Hangouts app on my phone for free calls to the States. Never used it to call other countries (I always get a local sim in the country I am in) so have no idea how the fee part works and never used MJ to be able to help with a comparison.

I got excited when I read this but when I see the description of the App, the calling is free only for other Hangouts users. Is this the case? If so it would be comparable to Skype to Skype for me. As I understand it, with Magic Jack I can make a call to any phone in the US for free.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, davewe said:

I got excited when I read this but when I see the description of the App, the calling is free only for other Hangouts users. Is this the case?

Nope, I have used it to call Bank of America, CapitalOne, Schwab, IRS (yuk)... all for free.

• Like 1