Cost of setting up home

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I concur. 100-150k pesos should do the trick.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Another place I got some good bargains at was Fooda on Mango ave. I bought a stand fan with a metal blade for 900 a toaster for 400 and some other things and they are still working after 4-5 years.Stay away from Robinsons appliances as I found them to be expensive and the quality is no better than you can get elsewhere.White gold in Mandaue is good for furniture and larger appliances. We had to pay for delivery but it saved us getting a taxi home.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

A good mattress for me is a must, back issues, paid 11k bht for the one I have here, fabulous.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I bought bamboo furniture for the Sala and my bedroom...  P3500 for a twin bed, couch, 2 chairs and side table...  Cushions eventually cost me more...  And the single bed (bamboo again) for the maid cost another P2000... Basic dining set P5000...  Dishes are plastic but nice looking...  Pots are cheap and very thin bottoms so they burn easy...  If really burnt?  It's cheaper and easier to buy a new one...  Save getting the good stuff until you settle in for life with your Asawa...  -

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, i am bob said:

I bought bamboo furniture for the Sala and my bedroom...  P3500 for a twin bed, couch, 2 chairs and side table...  Cushions eventually cost me more...  And the single bed (bamboo again) for the maid cost another P2000... Basic dining set P5000...  Dishes are plastic but nice looking...  Pots are cheap and very thin bottoms so they burn easy...  If really burnt?  It's cheaper and easier to buy a new one...  Save getting the good stuff until you settle in for life with your Asawa...  -

Bob, I found that if you put a frying pan on top of the burner you can set even a thin sauce pan in the frying pan and there is little risk of burning anything. I do it when I'm too lazy to do much, I mean too busy to do much stirring.:smile:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
On 8/16/2016 at 10:26 AM, robert k said:

Bob, I found that if you put a frying pan on top of the burner you can set even a thin sauce pan in the frying pan and there is little risk of burning anything. I do it when I'm too lazy to do much, I mean too busy to do much stirring.:smile:

Even easier...  I hired a katabang...  Lol!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys. Almost forgot this topic with so much going on but now I have a ballpark figure. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Thanks guys. Almost forgot this topic with so much going on but now I have a ballpark figure. :thumbsup:

No no no..!  It does not cost as much as a ballpark to set up a home here...!

:whistling:

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, i am bob said:

No no no..!  It does not cost as much as a ballpark to set up a home here...!

:whistling:

Well... depends on what ballpark you are talking about :shades:

• Like 2