Who likes their food Hot? (as in temperature) Not a Whinge Really, just my thoughts and maybe I am not alone

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, MacBubba said:

food must be periodically stirred

That's too much like maintenance and that doesn't seem to be part of the culture here.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 9/6/2016 at 10:29 PM, Gratefuled said:

Exactly, have you ever known anyone to complain about their own food? :smile:

Yep but if it's me I fire the cook

• Like 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I like my fajitas not just hot but sizzling.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Just catching up on things....guess this is a hot topic :tiphat:

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted
On 9/7/2016 at 2:19 PM, virginprune said:

I too like cooked food served hot, I cook around 60% of the time and it is always served at the correct temperature. My SO has taken this on board and now we eat when it is cooked. The bug bear is the party where the food is inevitably cold when we are allowed to eat. Haven't managed to glean a satisfactory answer to why this is the case, as yet. Or, the reason why everything is overcooked, especially fish, succulent in texture appears to have no place in this culture, whereas dry and chewy is often the norm. Not ranting, just an honest appraisal from my taste buds!

The food is overcooked because it does not go off so fast, remember its only in the past few years people have had fridges, and most still do not use them, but leave the leftovers on the table till the next meal. I refused to eat the leftovers, and used to nuke the soup to get it hot, i would not eat cold soup.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Kiwi-Alan said:

The food is overcooked because it does not go off so fast, remember its only in the past few years people have had fridges, and most still do not use them, but leave the leftovers on the table till the next meal. I refused to eat the leftovers, and used to nuke the soup to get it hot, i would not eat cold soup.

Right. Sinagang na baboy or chicken tinola must be served hot or else it's no good.

And the same with Chili Con Carne which is a dish served hot. Otherwise it's not authentic.

Gina does ok. But when they insist on rinsing the spaghetti noodles with cold water I have to intervene.

Most of us are old timers who were used to having our food served hot and that's the way I like it.

• Like 1