Is it legal to import a TASER BOLT Stun Gun

22Graham22
Posted
Posted

Hi, I wanted to know if it was legal to bring/own a Taser Bolt Stun Gun into the country.

I have one and wanted to put it into my bag for importation, does anyone know the relevant law that it falls under.

They are non lethal defense weapons and the cartridges are uniquely identified with anti-felon ID tags when fired.

I have one of these and a stun gun with baton and pepper stray, I now the spray is OK and the baton is just fine, it was the Taser Bolt that concerned me as they are $400.00 items so not great to lose to some over zealous customs guy that doesn't know the relevant laws.

The main question I suppose is what law covers use and deployment of these non lethal weapons within the Philippines?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Good question.  My best guess is that they are not legal but I hope someone can provide the link to the law.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

If it fires prongs on wires I'm going to give the opinion of really, really doubting it would be legal.

Looked it up and my opinion is definitely no but I'm not a legal expert.

Stunners are sold but they are direct contact type and I think yours meets the liberal definition of a gun, "firing a projectile by burning propellant".

And if it had no cartridges it would be an empty gun.

Edited by robert k