Car Title Transfer in Cebu City

russellmania
Posted
Posted (edited)

Im going through all the steps to transfer my 2015 truck to my name from the previous owners name. Today had to go to the PNP on Gorordo St to get the vehicle clearance done for the engine and chassis ID #. I took my girl to help out with the process. I let my girl jump out while I made the block because of traffic. After I come back and enter the PNP parking I see how tight and crowded it is to park,but I have a guy I notice is helping me navigate and park. I walk to the building to find my girl already talking to the parking guy and another guy. They looked like helpers working on tips and I was correct when I talked to my girl. They will move us up in line ahead of others for a fee or when can wait til 3pm! This is what the main fixer told my girl and it seem the person doing the actual digging in my engine wanted extra also. So now I have the parking guy,the actual fixer and the mechanic with their hands out. They hinted they asking P500 for the mechanic guy. After the mechanic search under my hood and reported that I need to call Nissan Motors to ask them where the engine # is located. WTF! You have 100 cars come through here weekly and mine is a 2015 nissan navara and you have never seen this model here before? I told all of them THANKS but no thanks. Put my hood down please, and I left the PNP. Is this normal operations are they treated me special today?

Edited by russellmania

robert k
Posted
Posted

I know you probably aren't due for it but maybe the smoke test guys could help you? They get the numbers all the time as it's part of their job. I doubt there is a law against getting a smoke test when you don't need it. Just a thought.

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted

After I got home it dawned on me there maybe some info in my owners manual about the location of the engines VIN. And sure enough there it was in black and white showing exactly where it could be found on my engine block. Now I have to return to PNP and figure out how many palms I have to greased to get this transfer finished. Does it matter which location I get the VIN inspection done here in cebu city? If vehicle purchased in mandaue,should I get the inpections done there?

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, russellmania said:

After I got home it dawned on me there maybe some info in my owners manual about the location of the engines VIN. And sure enough there it was in black and white showing exactly where it could be found on my engine block. Now I have to return to PNP and figure out how many palms I have to greased to get this transfer finished. Does it matter which location I get the VIN inspection done here in cebu city? If vehicle purchased in mandaue,should I get the inpections done there?

I think you can go to any LTO Office to change it over. Just a suggestion, why don't you wait till you renewal is due and then do it at the same time ????.

If you want to do it sooner just go to the LTO office on Mactan, just over the old bridge, do a left after the bidge, about a K up is Mcdonalds, go past there and past Island Mall ( Good BI Office there) both on your right, a little further up you will see on overhead walkway about 50 mt's on take a right, this is were Lapu-Lapu City Offices are, if you drive down this road about 100mt's on you right is a PNP office, tucked in behind that is the Fire Brigade and next door is the LTO.

Now go to the desk at the front of the office ( I would suggest you take your G/F ) and tell them you want to re-licence you vehicle, they will send you inside to the a/c offices ,if you are senior they have seats there for all us old farts. There is a rather larger, older filipina there that handles all the licensing and you get quicker service with her without having to sling any cash around. You will probably be given a form, like a safety check form, take your ACR card with you, they like them. Now go outside and there will be some guys that can find your engine/chassis number, the will use some cellotape to get the numbers and the stick them on the bottom of the form, I pay 20 pesos to get this done, they will ask for more but just watch what the locals pay, after that you just fill in the owners name on the form and take it back to the same lady in the office, if all is present and correct she will have the paper work done in 15 mins, pay the amount and your on your way.Just a word of caution, take all the paper work you have concerning  the car. Give yourself an hour or so and go there around 1ish. Good luck

Edited by frosty (chris)
added a bit
  • Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, russellmania said:

You have a Deed of Sale and the Title. The Title is in the name of the previous owner.

It is fairly common practice in the Philippines to run with that. And you can also sell it on a Deed of Sale.

Does a vehicle under 3 years old need an inspection? Emission test? I can't recall. Maybe someone else will know.

Commonly after the Emission Test the guy will get out and tell you it's 10 times over the limit and will offer to "fix" it for you. Blowing it out with a high pressure hose. 700 pesos.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Normally when purchased new the car comes with 3 years report. 

We are going through the same process, it took a guy whom I would consider to be ambidextrous to get engine number on our chevy spin. He had all sorts of tools and spent over 30 minutes playing around under car.

We have a contact in Cebu for this whom will also do transfer. I have used her for many years to do regos.  If the OP wants to PM me I will give him contact details.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, RBM said:

We have a contact in Cebu for this whom will also do transfer.

IMHO this is the way to go, don't even mess with the bureaucracy.