Anual Christmas balikyan ? box delima

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Box drama, oh my!

Wife and sister in law return from Costco last night, love of my life hand on hip says "the box is too small what are "we" going to do". ???

Yea, it's the largest box and comes with a free smaller box too.

Thinking quickly (difficult for me) I suggested we put everything in the box then push down on the contents in order to make them fit.

Little sister cracks up. Wife now has both hands on hips doing that lip thing and stamps her foot! My boys wisely scamper out of the room giving me a chance to say..... "If we were to send two boxes ? it will be expected in the future!". Stunned silence. Wife goes back down stairs muttering darkly in Bysa with little sister in tow.

When I get home from work tonight not sure what's gonna happen. You folks wanna bet a second box will be waiting to be filled???????

Anyone have suggestions? ?

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Who are you using and what is their Christmas cut-off?  I have a bunch of stuff at my sister's house and she is dragging her feet on getting it sent.  :Mad:

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Not 100% sure I think Balikbyan International via seafood city

davewe
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Box drama, oh my!

Wife and sister in law return from Costco last night, love of my life hand on hip says "the box is too small what are "we" going to do". ???

Yea, it's the largest box and comes with a free smaller box too.

Thinking quickly (difficult for me) I suggested we put everything in the box then push down on the contents in order to make them fit.

Little sister cracks up. Wife now has both hands on hips doing that lip thing and stamps her foot! My boys wisely scamper out of the room giving me a chance to say..... "If we were to send two boxes ? it will be expected in the future!". Stunned silence. Wife goes back down stairs muttering darkly in Bysa with little sister in tow.

When I get home from work tonight not sure what's gonna happen. You folks wanna bet a second box will be waiting to be filled???????

Anyone have suggestions? ?

Yeah, right now our local LBC has the same promo. But we'd already sent out the Xmas box.

My wife is a master at stuffing the box just up to the point I think it will explode. It's unbelievable what she gets in there. She always start out thinking we should send 2 but in the end the 1 box fits the bill.

As to whether in the future they will expect 2 boxes - well you know the family and your wife better than we do. 

We are moving to PI next year. Last night my wife actually said she will miss the filling/shipping of the BB box. I just giggled.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Atlas is the shipping company we use to Cebu. The Christmas deadline is Monday October 24th.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Our BB shipper reminded us to make sure our box wasn't pregnant.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 10/23/2016 at 3:26 AM, Old55 said:

Atlas is the shipping company we use to Cebu. The Christmas deadline is Monday October 24th.

I don't think my sister in Southern California checked with LBC first, but she got our box shipped right on the 25th.  Then the pickup driver said it would take 35 days.  I hope he is right!  I think the transit times have been better in the last year.