duty free shopping Subic

robert k
Posted
Posted

Cereal is getting expensive in the US also, I haven't bought any lately but I remember seeing the prices. $6.50 isn't a horrible deal for an imported item as long as the box is big enough to get two bowls out of it.

I wonder what on earth kind of imported chocolate can't be had from a normal market? I brought about 2kg of various chocolate from the US by request but when shopping in Manila I found I could have just bought it, as much as anyone would want.

I used a bit of Snickers (locally sourced) to bait rat traps and that appeared to be a Filipino favorite, my bait which I kept in the refrigerator would be missing the next day.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

That is how I saw it On My Way - I went to the big store by shuttle bus just across from Harbour Point, only takes about 10 minutes to get there.

• Like 1

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 24 October 2016 at 4:55 PM, robert k said:

Cereal is getting expensive in the US also, I haven't bought any lately but I remember seeing the prices. $6.50 isn't a horrible deal for an imported item as long as the box is big enough to get two bowls out of it.

I wonder what on earth kind of imported chocolate can't be had from a normal market? I brought about 2kg of various chocolate from the US by request but when shopping in Manila I found I could have just bought it, as much as anyone would want.

I used a bit of Snickers (locally sourced) to bait rat traps and that appeared to be a Filipino favorite, my bait which I kept in the refrigerator would be missing the next day.

Id say the price of the chocolate is the thing. Two tiny cadburys cost the same in Phils as a big cadbury in Australia while its on sale (very often). The big one is a good 5+ times bigger then the tiny ones.

My wife bought like 3kgs home when she was visiting me in Perth. When i left Perth for good to go to Phils, then i had about 10kg of chocolates in my bag :D.

Theres barely any sales for food in Phils. Even if the fruit is rotting, they prefer to throw it awey instead of discounting it 50% to get atleast some money back...

Edited by Sander Martin