EU trade agreement

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 10/31/2016 at 3:51 AM, Kuya John said:

News today that Canada has finally signed a trade agreement with European Union.

It has taken seven years to bring to completion, but is this a slap in the face for UK?

Has Brexit forced the EEC to search further afield or has this been yet another cover up by the "Leave Campaign"

Talk of new world trade deals for UK is meaningless if negotiations will take this long!

It's looking more like being up a creek with no paddle.

It may wellGo To Topic Listing The World Events Forum This could be a case of EU saying F.U. to GB - given their childish behaviour often, I would not be at all surprised.  Bit like taking their bat and ball and going home.

Australia has already said it will enter a trade agreement with GB an I am sure many more Commonwealth countries will do likewise.  GB will come through this ok I am sure.

• Like 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Our lovely pro EU High Court has just ruled that the PM hasn't got authority to trigger article 50 which is the start of leaving the EU. It's to go in front of Parliament for MP's to decide. The government will appeal the decision and no doubt even if it goes in front of MP's they'll sign up to it as there jobs will be on the line.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

And the GBP has just gone up in value, if only temporarily.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

It will recover fully IMO

• 7 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

• Like 2