Civil lawsuites and exit clearances.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I had asked a question in another post which was somewhat lost in the masses.

QUESTION: Is this civil case or similar type civil case something that would stop a person from getting Exit Clearance? Or just criminal cases.... Something to think of for over staying issues and being unable to leave and re enter on the needed time frame.

We travelers mostly think of criminal cases as issues, but then recently there was a case divorce related case the wife was using to keep the husband from traveling. Does anyone know just what an Exit Clearance search flags and what is not flagged, other then of course criminal cases.

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

I think to be on the safe side I would ask the BOI. I know in the 70s you could be put on "International Hold" if you had a civil case pending. Don't know if that still applies.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

My friend has left the Philippines and returned whilst having a(false) criminal case against him.If you go and check at the BI they might stop you from leaving.Now they may do this just because they don`t know how to check wether you are allowed to leave or not. I would go and apply for for an exit clearance about a month before to see what happens.And as it is a civil case I don`t see you having any problems but hey this is the Philippines.

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

I'd definitely get exit clearance before buying the ticket. 

• Like 1