Balikbayan privilege

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Hi, I have question about Balikbayan privileges. I know most rules of this, been using it with my wife for a decade. But next year I will be entering Philippines with her

but I will have to leave the country on my own and visit again the same year. Now this is the problem, will I still be able to use the BB stamped on my passport to avail the BB?  

robert k
Posted
Posted

Not supposed to. Supposedly you have to enter together.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

According to my friend he was caught out on it when he attempted to leave to go to Thailand for a weekend break. He turned up at the airport with his wife to discover her passport was out of date. She told him to go ahead as they'd booked a hotel and she would sort her passport out for his return. When he returned they wouldn't allow him in on a Balikbayan as his wife wasn't with him. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Jim your wife needs to be with you for you to get a BB stamp.Maybe, when you come back  alone, you should consider a 6 month tourist visa if you are staying that long.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, jimeve said:

I will be entering Philippines with her

but I will have to leave the country on my own and visit again the same year.

Jim, as it is in the same Year & the BB is for one year, I get the impression that it will still be Good for your Re- Entry

Jack:whistling:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Jim, as it is in the same Year & the BB is for one year, I get the impression that it will still be Good for your Re- Entry

Jack:whistling:

Morning All:morning1:

No! I was quite wrong there sorry, after talking to the local ACO on the phone just now he tells me that it is a Single Entry Stamp and you would loose the Remaining time, he suggest either 1. She meets you in say HK and you come back together or as Kev said,2. Just come in on your Passport and Extend. or 3. get a Multi entry from the PI Embassy or even 4. Do your 13a before you come. Whatever Jim, it will be nice to see you when you come.

Time to do that 13a methinks:smile:

• Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

No! I was quite wrong there sorry, after talking to the local ACO on the phone just now he tells me that it is a Single Entry Stamp and you would loose the Remaining time, he suggest either 1. She meets you in say HK and you come back together or as Kev said,2. Just come in on your Passport and Extend. or 3. get a Multi entry from the PI Embassy or even 4. Do your 13a before you come. Whatever Jim, it will be nice to see you when you come.

Time to do that 13a methinks:smile:

Thanks all for the info, might not have enough time to do  the 13a this time, I can avail the BB stamp this time as wife will be with me,:smile: but when I re-enter PH next I will have to do the 13a route :thumbsup:

• Like 1