leg cramps

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

JGF maybe it's a combination of things, but it could be just your footwear. You haven't been in country long, maybe you should experiment with changing up your type of sandals or footwear. Maybe Crocs would be good for you, but I can't say what might be your best pick.

• Like 2

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted (edited)

You need to take Magnesium tablets every day, try the 400mg high strength ones. 

Edited by Kiwi-Alan
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kiwi-Alan said:

You need to take Magnesium tablets every day, try the 400mg high strength ones. 

You might be right, my mum has a lot of circulation problems and takes magnesium. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This started after your arrival.

Have you had lower back pain, it could be sciatica?

Could it be dehydration or diet related?

Have you become more sedentary or perhaps repetitive motion related, have you started a new physical activity lately?

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Lying down for long periods with short brief actions causes dehydration, :whistling:drink more water.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

JGF maybe it's a combination of things, but it could be just your footwear.

The other evening, I saw a big guy on Colon Street wearing high heels and a blond wig. Maybe it was JGF.

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, jpbago said:

The other evening, I saw a big guy on Colon Street wearing high heels and a blond wig. Maybe it was JGF.

Oh--so that :mocking:explains it JP!

robert k
Posted
Posted

I rarely get cramps in the side leg muscles and when I do I attribute it to someone having a voodoo doll with a lock of my hair and several pins. To exercise (exorcise if dark forces are at work) the cramp, plant the foot and twist the leg to stretch the muscles. Next best I have found to be just lay there and let it hurt, I mean fully experience it, come to terms with it and it seems to give up after a couple of minutes because you aren't being any fun.:smile:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, robert k said:

I rarely get cramps in the side leg muscles

I dont think I ever have until I came here.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Have you tried amputation?

Seriously, another possibility is Phlebitis. This could be triggered by seating on an airplane for long hours. Inform a medical practitioner that you recently traveled and it was a flight from Australia. The cramp position results in a slow flow of blood from the legs. This could lead to Trombus formation. What you need to be careful is the formation of blood clots. Usually, the condition can be resolved using aspirin as a blood thinner and stretching exercise.

Whenever my wife and I are on an airplane, we get up and walk every hour to use the toilet or ask for water at the galley. We select the farthest one. They use to permit you to stand around near an exit door, but Homeland Security stopped it. I sometimes occupy the toilet for a prolonged period and exercise standing up. Again, the cabin crew gets suspicious and will knock on the door.

• Like 1