Medical Adventure Part 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Some members will be aware I requested information for a motorcycle tour of Luzon about 5 weeks ago. Received excellent advice, this trip we changed after recent typhoon  to Leyte,  Samar and South Luzon. 

Some 3 days before our departure we decided to bring the sister of my SO to Canlaon City and spend a night at Mambukal. Of course we were in the car for this trip. As always we stopped  at a pleasant look out area 5 km before Canlaon. Water and PP stop, while the girls were chatting and picture taking I walked over to my usual spot to have my P. 

Not sure if I went closer this time to the edge of the Ravine or perhaps the ground was soft due to intense raining. Next moment I am tumbling down a very steep Valley which I believe is about 900 meters .  Some how I was stopped by a tree stump hanging precariously, dazed and spitting g blood I somehow took stock and was aware fingers and toes working but little else.

Unknown  to me, panic above, my SO was standing middle of road trying stop cars while sister was sliding down the ravine holding on to roots and what ever bring water. I thought perhaps a ride had puntered a lung as still bleeding from mouth, fortunately turned out a tongue bite. Apparently some 10 minutes or so later 7 strong farmers arrived, they somehow carried me out on an alternative but steep route. There was no option but to agree as semi councious only. My SO had called friends whom were racing to the scene. The pain at this time was actually not to bad as in shock, just recall opening eyes and thinking impossible to carry me up this narrow track IMPOSSIBLE these guys did it God know how.

Part 2 coming soon which I trust will be helpful for readers   deciding if they intend moving to a smaller rural area in the Philippines.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hope you have a full and quick recovery!

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Wow!  Get well soon!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Thank you for sharing, Bruce.  So many fellows I know have had accidents of some kind in Philippines that its a wonder we still think its more fun here, but we all wish the the fullest, quickest, most inexpensive and painless recovery.

Take care and let us know Prt 2 as soon as you are able.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Wow--freak accident RBM!! So sorry --hope that we hear better news soon! 

Take care, Queenie

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Hope you are feeling better, and i cant wait to hear the rest

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

All the best to you my friend, hope you are well on the way to recovery. Your travel exploits are always enjoyable and informative, hope you are well enough to be back on your adventures soon.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hang in there "Kiddo" Next beer is on Sonjack LOL.

Hope you are up and about Soon and all is well :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Nephi
Posted
Posted

Thanks for posting and sharing. The Philippines is a lousy place to have something happen. Hope you get the best of care and recover soon.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Get well soon hope it all works out for you. 

• Like 1