St Andrews day

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes, now there's something to Celebrate if you are from Scotland. 30th November

St Andrew is the patron saint of Scotland, not sure if it is still a Bank Holiday (Day of rest)

for those living in Scotland. The Irish certainly celebrate St Patrick's day 17th March.

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I think the only people who don`t celebrate are the English on st Georges day.I think that may be down to the PC brigade.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

I think the only people who don`t celebrate are the English on st Georges day.I think that may be down to the PC brigade.

Well of course! St. George was a capitalist responsible for the extinction of dragons. Probably didn't even have a hunting license.:hystery:

• Like 4

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Sad to say most English people can't tell you when St Georges day is (23rd April) but if they see the  flag flying, they think England must be playing in the World cup! :smile:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Andy Murray # 1 Tennis player named after St Andrew but will he ever be knighted? Why not? Maybe because he is a Scot.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

Now if you were in the Philippines yesterday on November 30, you would encounter the national holiday of Bonifacio Day--the 153rd birthday of Andres Bonifacio. He was a Spanish era revolutionary leader and a National Hero.:smile:

His 153rd birthday was just a coincidence, the actual holiday was for my wife's 27th birthday (wasn't it???) hahaha

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Andy Murray # 1 Tennis player named after St Andrew but will he ever be knighted? Why not? Maybe because he is a Scot.

I believe he is up for sportsman of the year UK, so who knows he might be in the New Year Honours list. :thumbsup:

• Like 2