Medical Adventure Part 2

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

From here in, my final part, it gets better

Thank goodness.

And thank you for sharing your experiences so far.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, RBM said:

Sorry being so long  winded how ever may be helpful info to some readers.

Please continue being long winded (as you put it), we don't mind.  Some stories need to be told in their entirety and I feel this is one.  We are thankful that you survive to tell the tale.

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Hi Mate

You need to be long winded so people understand exactly how it can be here.I am happy that it seems to have been sorted out.Doc C needs to be reported (a hole)

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Got it! Watch where you stand when you drain a kidney.... Sure am glad you did not decide to stand next to an ungrounded power pole! That story could have been electrifying... :smile:

The true story here is that when it mattered, you had strangers pitch in to help and friends showed up to continue in assisting you. Much better than being alone. Let us know how the healing goes and any insurance issues in getting reimbursed.

Question: If you had accepted the insurance company's offer to send you out to a specialized unit, would that have also covered your SO's travel and related expenses? 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I'm so sorry to hear about all of that terrible care and hope that you are recovering.  I agree with the others; don't leave out any details and it probably helps the recovery process when you write about it.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Bruce said:

Got it! Watch where you stand when you drain a kidney.... Sure am glad you did not decide to stand next to an ungrounded power pole! That story could have been electrifying... :smile:

The true story here is that when it mattered, you had strangers pitch in to help and friends showed up to continue in assisting you. Much better than being alone. Let us know how the healing goes and any insurance issues in getting reimbursed.

Question: If you had accepted the insurance company's offer to send you out to a specialized unit, would that have also covered your SO's travel and related expenses? 

Interesting question which I believe the hospital plane would include my SO. 1 cover Insurance are fantastic, caring considerate and put compassion above above everything. Plus I had just the cheap basics insurance, they foned every day to check my condition.

• Like 2

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

RBM--so sorry to hear about your ordeal. I'm glad that there is a part 3 and that it gets better.  I think that in emergencies here, it can be a crap shoot and often we'll rely on the kindness of strangers. In Cebu City in an emergency, you've got a few good choices of hospitals. If you're in the province though, you might want to just drive right by many rural hospitals on the way to the city, as they will delay you and might do more harm than good. Watch out where you pee folks..

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Thank you for relating your experience. Your willingness to share will help countless others prepare in advance for medical emergencies. When you have time I would like to learn more about the health insurance you have. Sounds like a good company.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Wishing you a quick complete recovery.

A real wake up call for those of us who live or visit Philippines 

• Like 1