13a Visa Question

Angel1403
Posted
Posted

Hi folks,

As a UK citizen do I still need medical tests as part of the application process in Manila?

Is it the same criteria if processed via Philippines Embasy in London. I don't like medical tests lol so not keen to go that route if the medical tests are still part of the criteria for UK passport holders.

Cheers -

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hi Angle, Could you please provide more information what medical tests you are talking about? 

• Like 1

Angel1403
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Hi Angle, Could you please provide more information what medical tests you are talking about? 

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I mean the chest x rays etc. I had heard that there is no medical test requirement if the visa is applied for while already living in the Philippines after 6 month ie on Balikbayan privilege.

I also read somewhere that UK citizens are exempt from the medical test results requirement.

However, the form 13a form on the London Embasy site mentions chest X-rays etc?

Thank you for any clarification.

Cheers -

Ram1957
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here's the order regarding medical tests and what Countries do and don't require them.

http://immigration.gov.ph/images/OPERATIONSORDER/Dec2014/OOSBM 2014-059-ANew.pdf

Edited by Ram1957
spelling
  • Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Ram1957 said:

Here's the order regarding medical tests and what Counties do and don't require them.

http://immigration.gov.ph/images/OPERATIONSORDER/Dec2014/OOSBM 2014-059-ANew.pdf

"Counties" threw me for a minute.  He mean "countries".

According to these criteria, about 95% of our forum members should not be here:

WHEREAS, Section 29(a)(1) and (2), C.A. No. 613, as amended mandates the Bureau to exclude disabled foreign nationals, i.e., idiots, senile and demented persons, insane persons, or persons with loathsome, dangerous or contagious diseases, including unaccompanied mental retardates and unaccompanied infants and minors, from the Philippines;

• Like 5

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

WHEREAS, Section 29(a)(1) and (2), C.A. No. 613, as amended mandates the Bureau to exclude disabled foreign nationals, i.e., idiots, senile and demented persons, insane persons, or persons with loathsome, dangerous or contagious diseases, including unaccompanied mental retardates and unaccompanied infants and minors, from the Philippines;

As Jake would say: triple like OMY.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, not so old china hand said:

As Jake would say: triple like OMY.

As Jake would say, "I resemble that remark".  :smile:

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Not sure if you are applying for a permanent Residence visa or ?

When i applied at the Phillipines Embassy in London the lady Ambassador there at the time

Advised me to get the following..police clearance.blood test.urine test and xrays !

And she made a point of telling me to have the xrays put onto a Dvd which we did.

Went back to the Embassy all was fine and my Passport was given the visa.

Funny thing was when we went to the Immigration in Manila all my Documents were checked and recorded

On the System, then was told to take the medical paperwork to the Health office.

Which was there that the Doctor Aplogised because their pc could not read the Dvd !

She made a phone call and told me to back to immigration and was told " Welcome to the Philippines "

As you will eventually find out youself its best to have all the paperwork the Immigration website says you need.

Sometimes it will be needed sometimes it wont but be prepared.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

OMG, OMW is on a roll today. 

• Like 1

Angel1403
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies. However, I am confused, as according to the "Order" detailed above UK residents are exempt from the medical test requirement?

I also read somewhere that if you apply when in Philippines there is no medical tests required?

Confused.com = me lol