ACR card

Jackdan67
Posted
Posted

Jollygoodfellow 3 months next tues so i wait another 3 then apply for 13a or start earlier ,good can go Tacloban now was dreading going manila ..still dont get express lane when ya the only bloke in bi officer plus time before woke the buggers up in calbayog bi..but all good took prob 15 min to extend visa 

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jackdan67 said:

still dont get express lane

A good question, one that bugged a lot of us for years, until we did the research. Express lane is the term they use to collect money to pay over time so the employees work through the normal noon meal. If you notise there are usually signs that say "No noon time break". So instead of an "express lane" as we would think of it, the windows stay open between 12 and 1 pm.

Crazy? not really just kind of strange. But if we think about it, all English speaking nations use different words for the same things, took me years to realize that a "banger" was really a hot dog or sausage, and that chips are French fries and that crisps are potato chips.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
50 minutes ago, scott h said:

Express lane is the term they use to collect money to pay over time so the employees work through the normal noon meal.

Sounds great, but in 2008 they still had express lane fees and the place was closed for lunch BUT in 2008 you could still go into the back room and talk to the boss and say you were willing to wait 3 weeks rather than pay for express.  They always DID make us wait the 3 weeks before we got our passports back but no express fee.  That ended Jan 1, 2009 when they decided everyone pays but at least we did not have to wait 3 weeks to get the passport back.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Sounds great, but in 2008 they still had express lane fees and the place was closed for lunch

Yes but further research will say that the express lane fee was introduced to pay for computer systems at the time, hence a speed up of things for us aliens from mars. 

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

They always DID make us wait the 3 weeks before we got our passports back but no express fee.  That ended Jan 1, 2009

I just had an eerie thought.  When I said they always did make US wait, there were a group of 4 of us who used to go together to get this done without paying the express fee.  Tom, Lou, and Wolfgang have all passed away since then . .  If I suddenly pass on, someone should start looking into conspiracy theories . . . . .  Moral:  Do not mess with the BI :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes but further research will say that the express lane fee was introduced to pay for computer systems at the time, hence a speed up of things for us aliens from mars. 

I was told by the supervisor at BI in Bacolod that the express lane fee was to pay for computers/programs that would allow them to speedily verify your info with head office in Manila...hence express. Otherwise it would take 3 weeks.

The office in Bacolod has the sign "No Lunch Break" but the three of them take turns going for lunch one at a time. If the supervisor is on her lunch break, then you have to come back at 3 PM to get your passport.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

All very Strange as it still takes the same amount of time to get Your Passport back as it did before the express lane was introduced.:89:

7 years ago, we could pay at 7.30am and pick up after 3pm but now it varies very much sometimes 3 days sometimes tomorrow Even our Reporting is taking Longer  What can I say to that.jpg HEY HO! all good Fun

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

7 years ago, we could pay at 7.30am and pick up after 3pm

If I go before 10:30 AM or after 3 PM, when all the staff is there, I get my extension and passport in about 10 or 15 minutes.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jpbago said:

If I go before 10:30 AM or after 3 PM, when all the staff is there, I get my extension and passport in about 10 or 15 minutes.

Send that ACO to Dumaguete and get him/her to teach ours how it is done, You would need to actually see the Office to understand the backlog

• Like 2