Panglao Island/Alona Beach

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Im currently in Regents Park Resort at Alona Beach for a friends birthday party. A nice hotel and reasonably cheap. 

I was last on Panglao just over one year ago and there's been some major changes in the area with lots of new bars and restaurants being thrown up. I can see this place taking off as the new airport nears completion. Sadly I think it will go downhill as it doesn't have the best beaches. It'll end up just a mass of bars and hotels. 

• Thanks 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

We stayed at Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort on Alona Berach for three days last April. No real complaints except that the entry is down an unpaved road.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 10/15/2017 at 5:03 PM, Domino22 said:

On Alona Beach avoid Alona Kew. My room no toilet paper - used disposable razor left in shower - 2 light bulbs out - internet did not work -pub hairs in the shower - oh ya no towels at all to take a shower! Dirty Dirty.

So, other than that how was it :morning1:

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted (edited)

We were there and had a blast 3 years ago. Stayed a couple blocks away from Alona to keep the prices down.

I told my buddy about the place and gave Alona Beach a very positive review. He and his wife decide to go there on their next trip. Now unlike me he believes in spending serious bucks for a hotel. They went on AirBnB and rented a good sized condo at the end of Alona Beach. Took various family members of hers + his brother. He and his brother basicailly went from the condo to a nearby bar, which they adopted as their hangout for the week. When he returned to the US and I asked how he liked Alona Beach, he said he'd liked it well enough and liked the Chocolate Hills but "where was that white sand beach you raved about?" I looked at him like he was crazy. "Well all of Alona is bascailly white sand beach!" Turned out since he'd gone from the condo to the bar exclusively, he'd never actually been to Alona Beach proper!

Edited by davewe
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I loved being there and was so impressed I wanted to buy a little place inland, even in Bohol, but with the airport being made well my little paradise will be just another over crowded place full of foreigners:whistling:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, davewe said:

Now unlike me he believes in spending serious bucks for a hotel. They went on AirBnB and rented a good sized condo at the end of Alona Beach.

We are planning to visit Bohol sometime in the next year, so I was looking at places on AirBnB a while back.  There are some that are quite reasonable and nice looking, especially if you have to accommodate more than 1-2 people.  Of course, many are not right on the beach which is fine.  If anyone has used an AirBnB property on Bohol, that they would recommend, please post it.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

OnMyWay- how many people? We are getting our 3 bedroom place ready to rent on AirBnB.

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/18/2017 at 8:51 AM, Guy F. said:

OnMyWay- how many people? We are getting our 3 bedroom place ready to rent on AirBnB.

Guy, I could have sworn that I replied to this but I see nothing here??  I must have screwed up.

Just booked flight for arrival May 1, depart May 8.  I'll PM you.  Did you post pictures of your house a long time ago?  I was just looking at air bnb and there was a white house that sure looked familiar.

Edited by OnMyWay

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Yes, there are pictures of the place while it was under construction in the building renting & buying section. It's got landscaping now. I'll be there in February to supervise final preparations for renting. I hope to get a generator then.

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

It

On 11/23/2017 at 5:04 AM, OnMyWay said:

Guy, I could have sworn that I replied to this but I see nothing here??  I must have screwed up.

Just booked flight for arrival May 1, depart May 8.  I'll PM you.  Did you post pictures of your house a long time ago?  I was just looking at air bnb and there was a white house that sure looked familiar.

It's not on AirBnB yet. I'll get current pictures when I'm there in February. I can tell you it's at a great central location convenient for exploring Panglao and Bohol. A friend of my sister-in-law, a Catholic priest on sabbatical, is there as a manager. I've found fans to be sufficient so only the master bedroom and one of the smaller bedrooms are air-conditioned. There's a nice restaurant and place to rent motorcycles 500m up the road.

• Like 2