Show Don't Tell

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Moral is:  English is understood, but not as well as we might think so SHOW what needs to be done, don't EXPLAIN what needs to be done.

Dave this is what makes all the difference, Togetherness in the Kitchen :thumbsup: Your Patience is a Virtue mate.:smile: So when will you show her the over easy Sunny side up, Cos they don't all like the Runny stuff :mocking: Kidding mate Kidding, still early days yet EH? Did I mention Fluffy mashed Potato? cos I know you luv that :smile:

Edited by Jack Peterson
Monday!
  • Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

So my ambitions of finding someone that can make me a Laksa are tantamount to doomed....

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I cant see what all the fuss is about,there is a lot of goodness in peanut butter.It gives a man energy haha. Fluffy mashed potato?what is all that about,is that code for something else?

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

Fluffy mashed potato?what is all that about,is that code for something else?

:hystery: Mashed Tatta without the Lumps you silly Billy :whistling:

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: Mashed Tatta without the Lumps you silly Billy :whistling:

Well I can honestly say SWMBO has mashed tatta's down pat, uses butter and milk, not a lump insight, makes good chips too with real potatoes, now if only I could get her to do toast brown instead of just hot bread :571c66d400c8c_1(103): I would be a happier person

• Like 5

DavidK
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

Well I can honestly say SWMBO has mashed tatta's down pat, uses butter and milk, not a lump insight, makes good chips too with real potatoes, now if only I could get her to do toast brown instead of just hot bread :571c66d400c8c_1(103): I would be a happier person

Turn the dial up on the toaster when she's not looking (worked for me).

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, DavidK said:

Turn the dial up on the toaster when she's not looking (worked for me).

Tried that but she won't wait for the toaster to cook the toast, just puts the bread in waits about 30 seconds then pops the bread, I now just loiter in the kitchen when toast needs to be done :popcorn:

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

Tried that but she won't wait for the toaster to cook the toast, just puts the bread in waits about 30 seconds then pops the bread, I now just loiter in the kitchen when toast needs to be done :popcorn:

Hmmm, you need to distract her until it's done. See Alan B'stard (The New Statesman) and his wife's timing of a soft boiled egg..........

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, frosty (chris) said:

I remember years ago in the French Baker I think it was I ordered some toasted sandwich but the bread was just like eating stale bread because it was only toasted for what I imagine was 5 seconds. Could not eat it. :mellow:

• Like 2