On History Channel NOW

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Bilibid prison inmates in Philippines controls 70% of the drug problem here.  Watch it now.  

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Seems like this DeLima lady is the one who is breaking loose the story and it is probably why Duterte wants her out of the way.  Fascinating story and its only a few minutes into it.

Called Drug Lords of Asia - Prison Kings (or something like that)

• Like 2

SNAFU
Posted
Posted

"FPJ Probinsyano" in real life...  :huh:

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Legit Netflix or similar or have to VPN it?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So I watched the whole thing as I thought it may have something to do with why Duterte had arrested DeLima and accused her of drug dealing or some such thing. 

Spoiler

De Lima, a vocal critic of President Duterte, is facing drug trafficking charges during her term as a justice secretary. A court in the Philippines has ordered the arrest of Leila de Lima, an opposition senator and a leading critic of President Rodrigo Duterte, over illegal drug charges.

Turns out it was a bit of history where Shabu use was out of control in Bilbid prison and DeLima, as justice minister, raided the prison with the NBI a couple years back and shut the whole network down.  Hard to believe someone who is that committed to shutting down a drug network in the prison could actually be involved in trafficking drugs herself.  Seems like Duterte has learned from Trump and Putin and others about "alternative facts"

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Hard to believe someone who is that committed to shutting down a drug network in the prison could actually be involved in trafficking drugs herself.

Not that I have the remotest clue one way or the other, much less an opinion about her (my wife says absolutely guilty). The first question I have for using that statement as "proof of innocence" is... ever heard of getting rid of the competition? or then she found out the money was too good to resist? or 'they' made her an offer she couldn't refuse (replace our income or we kill your family, neighbors, teachers, priest....)

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

that committed to shutting down a drug network in the prison

She didn't shut it down, she just changed the ownership.

• Like 3