Small Claims Court - Questions

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I will confirm what the others have said. I also had a positive resolution from an issue brought before the barangay captain.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, earthdome said:

I will confirm what the others have said. I also had a positive resolution from an issue brought before the barangay captain.

Me too.

Barangay captains yield quite a bit of power and influence; plus its very likely it'll be quicker. The court may even ask if you tired that route first. Having dealt with the extremely slow and inefficient court system, I would first seek any alternative route available.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, SNAFU said:

Well said, Gator, and so true in our experience. 

Another snafu avoided....well done SNAFU!

• Like 1

thailend19
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jake said:

Another snafu avoided....well done SNAFU!

Thanks to all of you who offered an alternative that I hope proves to get her the money she's entitled to. I'll let you know the outcome(in the next mnth).

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, thailend19 said:

I'll let you know the outcome(in the next mnth).

Best of luck my friend, new budgets are out next month you may be Lucky fingers crossed.jpg

Jack:shades:

Morning all:morning1: ( not stopping long this morning :whistling: Gonna meet the others at 1pm) Dumaguete meet 3 Stooge's.jpg:hystery:

Edited by Jack Peterson
a little punctuation if you don't mind
  • Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Best of luck my friend, new budgets are out next month you may be Lucky fingers crossed.jpg

Jack:shades:

Morning all:morning1: ( not stopping long this morning :whistling: Gonna meet the others at 1pm) Dumaguete meet 3 Stooge's.jpg:hystery:

Who is who?

earthdome
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, SNAFU said:

Well said, Gator, and so true in our experience. The Captain was very professional, cordial and her English flawless - I could tell she'd been around the block many a time! My tips would be: dress neatly, be respectful, concise and have your documents and story squared away, we had a witness that helped, too. In our case the Barangay "fetched" the other party because he was hesitant to appear. To me, the Captain's approach was pretty much "counselling" the other party to do the right thing and make good on our contract, at the risk of his business reputation and possible "shame" (my word, not hers) within the local community. No threats were made, and things never went "legalese". One visit and done. Yes, I was amazed.

That is a great summary and is very similar to my experience.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, earthdome said:

That is a great summary and is very similar to my experience.

Yes and my experience also ended this way.

• Like 2