Water Heater Died

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 5/24/2017 at 6:12 PM, jpbago said:

Have we ever looked inside the toilet tanks? Ours is black slimy. The water supply is not good.

Try some datu puti this should help that is if you don`t want to use bleach.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

Try some datu puti this should help that is if you don`t want to use bleach.

OK, I will try that first. But you know that the entire water system from the wells outwards is contaminated with whatever that black stuff is. My wife has a batchmate at the Baciwa so he sent an engineer to our place when she complained about low water pressure and this black stuff. The pressure problem was due to the main line being cut from a back hoe and then spliced from a 2 inch to a 1 inch as the 2 inch was "out of stock". He did not have an explanation to the black stuff but did say that there was no chlorine added to the water.

Going back to the original OP, my water is never cold enough in the shower and we never use our 2 water heaters. Our line is in the cement driveway so it gets quite hot. It is better to fill a 5 gallon pail and let it cool to use for a shower. Water heaters....bah humbug!

My 6 months in 6 month outs has changed this year and I have never been here at this time when it is so so HOT!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jpbago said:

contaminated with whatever that black stuff is

In one house I rented there was black stuff inside the concrete reservoir and the result was I got frequent outbreaks of boils on different parts of my body.  Turns out I must have been susceptible more than the others living in the house and I was getting staph infections from the water supply.  One doc said it may be because I was the only one in the house who shaved and the staph in the water was getting into my body from the minute cuts that shaving causes.  So that is something to watch for.  And I know you don't want to hear this :7500: but bleach in the water tank cured the problem.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

In one house I rented there was black stuff inside the concrete reservoir and the result was I got frequent outbreaks of boils on different parts of my body.  Turns out I must have been susceptible more than the others living in the house and I was getting staph infections from the water supply.  One doc said it may be because I was the only one in the house who shaved and the staph in the water was getting into my body from the minute cuts that shaving causes.  So that is something to watch for.  And I know you don't want to hear this :7500: but bleach in the water tank cured the problem.

OK then I will stop shaving if it starts to happen to me.

• Like 3