UK Child Support Agency

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I the child is a British citizen  child benifit may be an option.

Gas
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

The Phills and the UK have a social security agreement.I know that if a brit dies and he has dependents here the UK government will help,and the dependents will get some money.I cannot see any reason for the UK not to at least try to help,but stranger things have happened.It would be wise to browse the gov.uk websites to see if there is any info on there.

I have never heard of the British government helping dependents of a British citizen  here in the Philippines. Can you give me more details on where i might find the information? Over the years i have known a few Filipinos who have lost there foreign spouses and the only government that seems to really help the dependents living here is the American. 

stevewool
Posted
Posted

The dreaded CSA, a brilliant idea but was ran the wrong way, EASY TARGETS thats all it went for.

I was one of the first few who was on there books even though me and the ex had a agreement what i was paying for my three children but they wanted more.they wanted me to pay for the ex too, so she could be taken of welfare, it was called parent with care.

I have so many stories to tell about the CSA, and before anyone gets on there high horse i was paying for the kids from the day they was born and are still paying now they are in there 30s and 20s. nothing changers does it.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Gas said:

I have never heard of the British government helping dependents of a British citizen  here in the Philippines. Can you give me more details on where i might find the information? Over the years i have known a few Filipinos who have lost there foreign spouses and the only government that seems to really help the dependents living here is the American. 

Go to gov.uk and find the Philippines Bereavement pack sorry mate I don`t have a link.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Gas said:

In the event of death,but they should also help when children have been abandoned.If not this part of the UK gov then another department.

The wife should get at least 50% of your pension and they should also pay for the children until they leave full time education.Unless this has changed since last year. JP knows more about this than I do he is the one who gave me this information.

Edited by sonjack2847
  • Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
On 3/19/2017 at 8:39 AM, sonjack2847 said:

Go to gov.uk and find the Philippines Bereavement pack sorry mate I don`t have a link.

I looked at the Bereavement package and all it seems to cover is wife's or husbands living in the UK. Unless your wife is a UK citizen or living in the UK at the time of your death, she will be entitled to nothing from the British government.  The same would apply to any children you have living in the Philippines. 

Sadly i have seen a few cases over the years when the husband hasn't been totally honest with the wife and has lead them to believe they are entitled to some of their government pension when they die. 

Gas
Posted
Posted
On 3/19/2017 at 8:43 AM, sonjack2847 said:

In the event of death,but they should also help when children have been abandoned.If not this part of the UK gov then another department.

The wife should get at least 50% of your pension and they should also pay for the children until they leave full time education.Unless this has changed since last year. JP knows more about this than I do he is the one who gave me this information.

Would be interesting to here from JP :smile:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Gas said:

Would be interesting to here from JP :smile:

Questions then Please :shades:

13 minutes ago, Gas said:

looked at the Bereavement package and all it seems to cover is wife's or husbands living in the UK.

Are you reading the right bereavement package?

https://www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/bereavement-benefits

Always here to help where I can :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Questions then Please :shades:

Are you reading the right bereavement package?

https://www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/bereavement-benefits

Always here to help where I can :thumbsup:

Nope :bash:  thanks :thumbsup:

Did you notice the wording on the countries outside the UK? Do you know any wife's of deceased Brits who are receiving money from the British government?   I did inquire at the embassy a few years ago on someones behalf and basically was told they get naff all. Also none of my retired British friends with kids receive any type of child support form the government, whilst the guys from across the pond are getting around 40,000php per child monthly.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gas said:

Do you know any wife's of deceased Brits who are receiving money from the British government?

Yes I have 2 or 3 friends who have passed away and the wife is (Or was last I knew receiving 60% of the pension BUT I found this the other day funny enough that says all this will stop and I am not sure if it was ever implemented after April 2016 Foriegn wives who had never been to the UK would not receive any benefits

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/pensions/10042024/Foreigners-state-pensions-your-questions-answered.html

Seems as I was told. that anyone who was receiving pension already (Prior to April 2016) would not be affected. Like many things in life they change the Goalposts to suit themselves

As to child Allowances I know nothing as it is a Step daughter I have here and she never even entered to arena on allowances.

Unfortunately the US SS system is in a world of it's own & I think you need to be some whizkid accountant to understand it but don't those children have to be US Citizens, My Child Support years were over many many years ago so I never Followed that Route. On that I can't help or offer any excuse or reason why the Philippines is excluded given the SS Agreement, which has been in force for a long time

Best I can do just on this at this time  :thumbsup:

• Like 1