The Last Roundup

Nephi
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If I found the right Viol then this must be a pic of you?  Please let us know if that is correct so we can put a face to our prayers for your recovery, the good Lord willing.

Image may contain: 1 person

Sorry was in bed and offline. Yes that's me. Will go to the Dr. this afternoon

Thank you..

Nephi

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Nephi said:

Will go to the Dr. this afternoon

Good job.  You are too dang young and healthy looking for the last round-up.  I believe the good Lord does things in his own time but as Dylan Thomas wrote:

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieve it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

• Like 4

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Nephi said:

Again, I want to thank everyone for the prayers and best wishes. So far it's turning out easier and better than I thought. Went to my other internal medicine Dr yesterday late in the day - early evening. She changed to another IV antibiotic and had the urine catheter put in ( ouch) again. Within two hours or so was feeling good again and still do. Hopefully this is the right antibiotic and won't have to change again the first of the week. Amazing, these IV antibiotics my daughter gives to me run about P2,600 for two doses and I'm getting it every 8 hours around the clock. Really cuts into my chocolate milk budget!

This original post of mine was really intended to be an eye opener on preparation for the unexpected living here -- financial especially. Usually we have life etc pretty much under control and prepared for things but this was something else again. Again, thank you all for the prayers and best wishes; it seems to have worked.

Nephi

Good to hear you are ok and hopefully on the road to recovery, take good care of yourself and best of luck.

• Like 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Nephi said:

Again, I want to thank everyone for the prayers and best wishes. So far it's turning out easier and better than I thought. Went to my other internal medicine Dr yesterday late in the day - early evening. She changed to another IV antibiotic and had the urine catheter put in ( ouch) again. Within two hours or so was feeling good again and still do. Hopefully this is the right antibiotic and won't have to change again the first of the week. Amazing, these IV antibiotics my daughter gives to me run about P2,600 for two doses and I'm getting it every 8 hours around the clock. Really cuts into my chocolate milk budget!

This original post of mine was really intended to be an eye opener on preparation for the unexpected living here -- financial especially. Usually we have life etc pretty much under control and prepared for things but this was something else again. Again, thank you all for the prayers and best wishes; it seems to have worked.

Nephi

Thanks very much for sharing your story and health.  Especially the costs you have incurred thus far.  I’m sure I’m not the only one who appreciates this and finds it beneficial in planning a medical budget.  As you said we plan, but we need to be prepared for the unexpected when living here.  Each time I read of someones medical costs here I reevaluate my own medical budget.  Even though I have a high deductible insurance, I still need to have a medical budget for things like this.
Thanks again

• Like 3

Nephi
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, intrepid said:

Thanks very much for sharing your story and health.  Especially the costs you have incurred thus far.  I’m sure I’m not the only one who appreciates this and finds it beneficial in planning a medical budget.  As you said we plan, but we need to be prepared for the unexpected when living here.  Each time I read of someones medical costs here I reevaluate my own medical budget.  Even though I have a high deductible insurance, I still need to have a medical budget for things like this.
Thanks again

It's a real eye opener living here at times. I've been here 14 years and still I get surprised at things. The only consolation is imagining how much all this would cost back in the States even with some insurance. I guess all we can do is our best and try to deal with the rest..

• Like 5

Nephi
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Jake said:

Nephi, 

We very much appreciate you revealing your predicament regarding your medical condition. Apparently you prepared yourself with excellent medical coverage, especially from your beautiful daughter....family TLC should not be taken for granted ever.  You certainly made a good point about medical cost in the Philippines vs what it would cost in the states.  At our age (I'm 66BC), quality of life is priceless and we cannot be complacent no matter where we live.  

On a lighter note and hopefully humorous, the word catheter can sometimes strike fear among men with enlarged prostate.  Several years ago, I was also diagnosed with that condition (difficulty in urinating, often frequently getting up at night to pee only a few drops).  Against my better judgement (actually my ego), I finally saw a urologist and it was a bit embarrassing because she was very attractive.  You can use your imagination how she personally trained me to insert that catheter -- my very first time.  It wasn't painful, as long as you use plenty of KY jelly -- just a bit weird getting around that "S" turn up to my bladder.  What a relieve to see my urine flow like that again.  Niagara Falls comes to mind.  

Of course being me, I joked around that she should get a side job as a Roto Rooter Man (plumber) in unclogging my pipes.  Thinking back and shaking my head -- I got so embarrassed with another woman other than my wife, "manipulating" my Herman (first name Pee-Wee) like that.  Yeah, it was a Kodak moment....he, haw.  

We wish you well Nephi.  Respectfully Jake 

Hi Jake,

I was glad to do it because when it caught me by such a surprise-cost wise, I thought it could happen to any of us and would be a good idea to share the issue. Yea my daughter is my pride and joy. I have four others that are great as well but she is the one that is drawn to medicine and the like. She doesn't do the catheter as she has not been trained; plus at her age  I don't think it would be a good idea. She does plenty including the IV injections and pressure points on or around the prostate area when needed. Several years go I went in the hospital with liver issues and extreme pain. I was told by my Dr then that I'd be in the hospital for at least 4 days, maybe more. She spent the night awake with me in the hospital bed and next morning the problem was gone and I went home after only overnight in the hospital. Found out later that she is empathic, a medical empath. Never thought such a thing was possible but time and again with me and others it has proven to be a fact. Even the doctors could not figure out how I got well overnight.That and with her medical abilities she'll be a fine doctor. You did your own catheter :Caught:?  Not me-no how-no way---not ever! Was bad enough and embarrassing enough just having a female nurse do it at the hospital. My wife was by my side but still not what I'd want to do again. Thanks again Jake for sure. I think you live close to us if I'm not mistaken. WE ought to get together when I get all this junk out of the way.

Nephi

Edited by Nephi
  • Like 3

Nephi
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes just a bit of a plane trip to the US, not far :smile:

Tell ya what. After all the years I worked for the airlines in the States and the way I love flying; that almost 15 hour flight from Manila to LA or San Francisco is just about the only thing I miss about the States.

Nephi

• Like 3