Duterte aligns Philippines with China, says U.S. has lost

bigpearl
Posted
Posted

I read this closed topic with great interest until it was closed and rightly so. As I don't follow the local news while living in Australia I tend to pick up most interesting info from expat sites, things that are relevant and affect those living here and those like myself that intend to make the move and embrace all that is good with the bad in this fine country.

Having said all that did this topic take off again under a new heading? Without the politics? If so great, can some one point me in the right direction or a post that is current with regards to what is happening with foreign policy and the current climate with regards to expats living here and also the world stage. As 4 or 5 months have passed since the titled post was closed I'm sure there is more info within this site, just haven't found it yet.

Cheers, Steve.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure what we can add here.  There is an older gentleman named Duterte who is president of Philippines.  He says a lot of stuff that gets picked up by news media around the world, but he changes his mind so frequently and is said to be on Fentanyl (see newspaper clipping) so we tend to believe very little or what is said or read unless things actually change around here.  So far no changes that are out of the ordinary. Here is the newspaper clipping I mentioned:

Fentanyl.jpg

I don't know if you will find a link on line as people tend to be cautious what they publish about such a powerful and easily antagonized man.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bigpearl said:

what is happening with foreign policy and the current climate with regards to expats living here and also the world stage.

Duterte has been rather quiet lately. Nothing has changed with expats and life is the same as always except if you use drugs. 

• Like 4

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Duterte has been rather quiet lately. Nothing has changed with expats and life is the same as always except if you use drugs. 

...and visa extensions are a bit less paperwork and therefore a bit less hassle.

• Like 4

bigpearl
Posted
Posted

Business as usual then, sweet.

Cheer, Steve.