SM Seaside Rant!

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, russellmania said:

I didn know they offer that service. I would have shopped more but I knew I already had about 4 bags to pack to the car, so I paid and left. But it was only 2 checkouts available and im not sure they could spare a bagger to cart my groceries, but next time I stock up I will ask in advance.

All the supermarkets will do that for you. If not that bagger, they'll find another worker in the store to go with you. You can ask them while they're ringing up your groceries, so that they can find somebody available.

• Like 4

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Wherever I shop for groceries the bag boys take the trolley to the taxi for me. On another subject I dont like the no plastic bags on Saturday law as the paper ones make it hard to carry when you have a few

JGF--in Mandaue City markets and stores at the malls, plastic bags are now banned altogether because of the bags clogging sewers and leading to flooding. I just bring my own canvas bags from home or I'll buy a few from the market. I like it better because the bags stand up nice, and the baggers are able to fill them quicker and more efficiently. One or two should work out well for you with the taxi. Watson's gives those nice thick handle paper bags that you can use again for something else I notice.

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes, I got those, but the Philippine ones last about 10 uses before the handles fall off or they develop holes in the bottom.  But at 40 pesos a bag its a reasonable lifespan.

I get those "Eco-bags" at Fooda stores - 10 pesos only sir!

In addition, they're great as dirty laundry bags. 

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

On another subject I dont like the no plastic bags on Saturday law as the paper ones make it hard to carry when you have a few.

JGF, I still prefer crates, those paper bags risk the bottles smashing :thumbsup:

Oh sorry I though you said "the paper ones make it hard to carry when you had a few" :hystery:

Life's more fun in the Philippines, so it doesn't matter what level you're on!

• Like 4

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

We purchased Rustan bags made from recycled plastic for P35 each. They are large and very sturdy. Starting 2017 California banned plastic bags at all supermarkets. You can still get them at a cost of $.10 each. Just slightly better than the old, standard ones. The Rustan bags are superior and will last a long time.

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes, I got those, but the Philippine ones last about 10 uses before the handles fall off or they develop holes in the bottom.  But at 40 pesos a bag its a reasonable lifespan.

We have two very big ones from KCC, our top of the range place, they are very durable. Have used them many times over the 3 months we've had them. Also use them for laundry runs as they are so big, they cost P10. We also have a hessian one I brought from the uk, care of Waitrose, that I have had for more than 5 years.

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, russellmania said:

I used to go to SM Seaside grocery at 10am and park on the 1st level and one ride on the escalator and its a short walk to the grocery. Which helps if you have lots of bags to bring back to your car. BUT now lately when I go at 10am the 1st level parking and 2nd level are blocked and cars have to park on 3rd level and above. I ask a door guard why the 1st and 2nd levels are blocked and she said they will be unblocked as the 3rd level gets full. So the early shopper gets penalized for coming to the mall early? Sounds like a backwards plan to me, but I cant be to surprised because this is the Philippines after all.

I just got back from there an hour ago. First time visit. Too empty. I'll stick with SM city or Ayala.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Might have some made from rice sacks?

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The air conditioning was set too low the three times I visited last week. At least I thought it was air conditioned could be wrong about that.

It was very quiet when we visited few customers and a number of empty spaces too.

• Like 1

russellmania
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Reboot said:

I just got back from there an hour ago. First time visit. Too empty. I'll stick with SM city or Ayala.

You prefer to be shopping in a jam packed mall? You prefer to stand in long lines to make your purchases?

• Like 1