Visa's need advise

robert k
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, krapier66 said:

Option 1)

Visitor Visa - This is fine if I want to keep going to Manila to get extensions.  From what I read they I can only extend out for 16 months at most.  Considering the cost of traveling every month, not such a good idea plus I will probably need at least two years before I will be ready too return to the states.

Thanks in advance for any advice here.

There are a couple of Bureau of Immigration offices in Cebu City, I don't know where you got that you have to go to Manila? There are a lot of foreigners in the Philippines and Manila would be swamped with 10k tourists (probably more) a day, on days they are open! There are lots of holidays, local and national. I suggest you search the forum, there are threads that tell about the cost of tourist visa and how long you can stay.

Funny note, member Sonjack used to live on the West side of the island of Cebu and would take a ferry to Negros island and a short EZride or trike to the Dumaguete immigration office because it was easier.

My information may be out of date but it used to be faster and easier to bring a fiancee to the US than to bring a wife. You would still need to spend some time together, pictures, documentation for the US immigration interview. It sounds like you are early in your deliberations? Most everything you need to know is a past or current topic here on the forum. Welcome to the forum.

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

My information may be out of date but it used to be faster and easier to bring a fiancee to the US than to bring a wife. You would still need to spend some time together, pictures, documentation for the US immigration interview. It sounds like you are early in your deliberations? Most everything you need to know is a past or current topic here on the forum. Welcome to the forum.

If the petitioner (the person from the USA) has lived in the Philippines for at least 6 months and can prove it the petitioner can have the visa request processed at the US Embassy in Manila instead of at a USCIS office in the US. It can take over a year to process the visa paperwork at a USCIS office in the US. It only took me 3 months to get a visa for my wife as US expat who had lived over 6 months in the Philippines by filing for the visa at the US Embassy. In this situation it may be better to marry in the Philippines then start the VISA process for the wife and children. For a fiancee visa as I recall the children would not be able to accompany you to the US initially. I also don't know if the biological father of the children could cause any problems for the children getting the visa.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Since I now have to get my tourist visa extended before filing for my 13A, can I get my tourist visa extended at the Angeles BI office?  Has anyone from forum recently gone there?  Just want to get an idea on how long I should expect it to take.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

As far as I know, you can get your tourist visa extended at any regular BI office...  But not necessarily the airports or ports unless you are arriving...