The one glass beer ( or Rum) drinking Brigade

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:popcorn: Frosty (Chris) said something in an earlier Topic about one glass Drinking by our local Friends, so i thought it might be a Good Topic to discuss even if it is a short one.

Have any of us wondered or asked why they share a glass, Have they never heard of Herpes or any other saliva borne infections? I mean they never wipe the glass between turns. I wonder, is it a Male Bonding thing or just they only have 1 (one Glass)?:hystery: 

Anyone, Every one?

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have been told it is so as the beer or rum lasts longer.I have told them about diseases they could catch but they ignore me.Still they seem to be more immune than us expats.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have been told it is so as the beer or rum lasts longer.I have told them about diseases they could catch but they ignore me.Still they seem to be more immune than us expats.

:smile: I take your point and can see that it may be the case on it lasting longer but when was the last time you got a cold sore? seems plenty on lips when I look around and with the amount of Spitting they Do kev, I wonder if they really are as immune as they think they are?

Wanna share a Bottle beer sori sori.jpg:hystery: Nah! I thought not :mocking:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

True that.  Its because the one to take the last drink has to buy the next bottle so you always want to leave enough in the bottle for the next guy to have a glass until a foreigner comes along and is silly enough to drink the last glass in the bottle (ever notice that when you are invited to drink with the locals you get the last glass?  They 'saved" it special for you. :7500:

:hystery: Bin there done that embarrased  man.jpg

• Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

True that.  Its because the one to take the last drink has to buy the next bottle so you always want to leave enough in the bottle for the next guy to have a glass until a foreigner comes along and is silly enough to drink the last glass in the bottle (ever notice that when you are invited to drink with the locals you get the last glass?  They 'saved" it special for you. :7500:

Hmmmm, does not seem right the one to drink everyone else' backwash has to buy the next bottle. Maybe that is how you get a fresh drink?

• Like 4

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Have any of us wondered or asked why they share a glass,

Anyone, Every one?

Sometimes down at the sorry store the workers that are building newer homes behind the store come by for some Red Horse and ask for a glass, sit there happily drinking and smoking, we supply stools so they can sit while drinking:7500:, most times they offer me a beer but I told my SO to buy a case of SML's, so I decline their kind offer and suck alone on my beer. If with the family we get into a session I always grab my own glass and one for everyone else, so we are all happy, but it always seems to end up with me buying the beer

:89:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, frosty (chris) said:

but it always seems to end up with me buying the beer

:thumbsup: Ah! such is life for us poor Foreigners :hystery: 

• Like 2

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
On 3/27/2017 at 5:00 AM, sonjack2847 said:

When i treated the builders building the house occasionally on a Saturday, it never lasted longer!!!  Was amazed at how quick the damn glass went around. Well two glasses actually as the second had the water in, gulp brandy, gulp water, pass the glass.............

As for me........individual ice cold San Mig light every time

• Like 1