A Bar Girl Stealing Your Heart?

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Tell him what you think as a friend, its up to him if he wants to follow your advice or not....

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Take him to another bar for the night and get one of your friends to bar fine her and swear undying love to her. At least for a few days anyway. :whistling:

• Like 2

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

His life, his decision, his experience, his lesson to learn...........possibly.  Alternatively it could be match made in heaven and live happily ever after.

If was me I think i would mention it, try and deter him and then step back, maintain friendship and support as you would usually. 

• Like 4

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted (edited)

Two friends of mine spring to mind. Both in their sixties, both married girls in the early to mid twenties. One married a girl who he met when she was freelancing in a bar well known as a resort of ladies of the night. The second married a "good girl " that he met working in an education exhibition. The first chap bought his wife a luxury flat in Beijing (probably worth a million bucks or so today). They are still happily married with two young children. The second guy supported his wife while she studied for a masters and PhD in the UK (that would have cost well into six figures). She came back to China with her degrees and a British passport, found a well-paid, high-powered job. Then she dumped him....

Edited by not so old china hand
  • Like 4

bows00
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And get pics LOL  Without the pics he won't believe.

Edit:  But seriously, if ya try to show him that she would do the same with any guy who buys her a drink and pays her bar fine he will be mad at YOU.  People in lust tend to hate the messenger.

Totally agree.  Totally bad idea.  I have no other recourse but to let this thing run out on its own.

And I am also aware that I have made a mistake introducing my friend to the candy store.  And he knows it now.  He is asking questions how to  bring her back home to the US.  Not good...

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, not so old china hand said:

Two friends of mine spring to mind. Both in their sixties, both married girls in the early to mid twenties. One married a girl who he met when she was freelancing in a bar well known as a resort of girls of the night. The second married a "good girl " that he met working in an education exhibition. The first chap bought his wife a luxury flat in Beijing (probably worth a million bucks or so today). They are still happily married with two young children. The second guy supported his wife while she studied for a masters and PhD in the UK (that would have cost well into six figures). She came back to China with her degrees and a British passport, found a well-paid, high-powered job. Then she dumped him....

There was a good christian girl we'll call her Mary to save embarrassment. Probably one of the most religious people I'd heard of. It never stopped her having an affair while her husband was off tending his sheep. :whistling:

• Like 3

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, bows00 said:

made a mistake introducing my friend to the candy store

We have all been to the Candy store though and met our SO's, gf's, wifes etc.  Well the Filipino PI's candy store as a whole I should add.

Is that not one of the reasons we all enjoy the PI's and not just as cheaper to retire to and your $'s go further...................

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2017 at 3:07 AM, bows00 said:

I have a friend that I brought over to the Philippines for the first time after he underwent an ugly divorce with a wife of 30 years.  We are both in our 50's and are professionals in the states.  My intensions were to show him a good time to recuperate and have a new start on life.  The mistake I made was choosing to go to a KTV bar in Manila.  It started off great.  Three employed girls joined us, we drank and sang for about three hours and at the end of the night, he ended up hooking up with one of the filipinas.  

Now one week later, he is deep in love.  My concern is that he is an American guy that has lived the happy family life for the past 30 years and was never exposed to other women.  And I understand that he is a grown man who should make his own decisions, but as a close friend, I can't help but think if all this is a huge mistake.  I can't convince him otherwise.  

My current plan is to just back off...  any suggestions?

Oh no....did you at least warn him ahead of time about the deadly dangers of the Filipina Archipelago?

And by the way...

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pi.gif

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
bows00
Posted
Posted

Time is the best cure for situations like this - the ugly truth eventually surfaced when my friend eventually realized her true colors.  Throughout the month, she was getting text messages from another foreigner - a guy from Australia who she was seeing before we met her that first night.  My friend eventually found out this mysterious Australian guy was returning to Manila and she requested to move on to greener pastures. 

My friend is once again dumped by a woman, and will return to the US broken hearted. 

He broke the number one rule when partying in these bars - "Don't Fall In Love!"

• Like 5