Angeles BI Office LSVVE (6 mo's)

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, ITGeek said:

3.  They offer 13a visa processing.  So all I need is to obtain my NBI clearance, bring my Asawa with our NSO MC and her BC.

Wow, that is great for you,  Keep us updated.  My wife called there in December or January and the woman who answered said they do not do 13a.  Hopefully I can do my permanent there.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ITGeek said:

Always helps to have family that works in the local government.

True but the NBI is not Local, it will be a 2 to 3 week turn around. It has to go to Manila for Clearance

Edited by Jack Peterson

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

True but the NBI is not Local, it will be a 2 to 3 week turn around. It has to go to Manila for Clearance

Yes mine did and they charged me 200 peso to send it there,postage yeh right haha

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

You must keep your vist visa current during the 13a process.

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Gary D said:

You must keep your vist visa current during the 13a process.

How long does the 13a process take?  Do they keep your passport when processing the 13a?  If so, it would make it difficult to extend visa without my passport in hand.  The BI official made it sound like it was an easy process.  I just needed to bring all the documentation that is listed on the checklist.

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Yes mine did and they charged me 200 peso to send it there,postage yeh right haha

That must be the foreigner "surcharge" :89:  At least it's not as intrusive as OPM process for TS/SCI clearance.  I had former co-workers and neighbors asking me if I was in trouble.  Apparently the FBI shows up at former associates and asks, "What can you tell us about .....?"  They don't mention why, just want to know about what they say about me. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, ITGeek said:

How long does the 13a process take?  Do they keep your passport when processing the 13a?  If so, it would make it difficult to extend visa without my passport in hand.  The BI official made it sound like it was an easy process.  I just needed to bring all the documentation that is listed on the checklist.

No, they do not keep your passport during processing.  At intramuros, the basics are:

1.  Submit all the paperwork and pay.  Interview date is on the OR.  (I submitted Jan. 31)

2.  Go for interview (mine was Feb 8)

3.  Waited to be listed here:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/information/application-status/agenda-verification

Mine was listed in the March 2 file but they did not post that until the following week, so it took around 5 weeks.

4.  Go get the visa inserted in your passport and pickup your ACR.  I had an agent do this step and he left the passport with them overnight to get the visa.  He said that is normal but I'm not sure about that.

The timing was bad for me.  I wrote about it in another thread.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, ITGeek said:

That must be the foreigner "surcharge" :89:  At least it's not as intrusive as OPM process for TS/SCI clearance.  I had former co-workers and neighbors asking me if I was in trouble.  Apparently the FBI shows up at former associates and asks, "What can you tell us about .....?"  They don't mention why, just want to know about what they say about me. 

Yes it was a foreigner surcharge.I have heard other people talk about it.Having said that he did help me through the whole process and it only took 20-30 minutes.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
On 4/19/2017 at 8:19 AM, sonjack2847 said:

You got a good deal. I paid that much but in dollars Canadian to send the NBI application from Toronto to Manila return with Fedex.

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

Well, I guess there is no avoiding Manila.  The local NBI office is for Filipinos only, I'll have to make trip to the main NBI office (Ermita?).  Problem is next week they have ASEAN meeting, so most government offices are closed and May 1st is also holiday.

Does anyone know what  happens if my ACR-I card expires (May 11) before I'm able to obtain NBI clearance and submit 13a application?  My tourist visa is good until July 6th.

My new plan is to schedule NBI appointment online (new requirement) at their main office.  I'll book room at Bay View hotel (across from US Embassy) near NBI main office too I believe.  My asawa and I will take bus overnight from Cabanatuan to Manila so we get to NBI office by opening time.  Then we stay night and next day travel by bus to Angeles BI office to file 13a.  Think it will be faster than filing 13a at Intramuros BI office.