Angeles BI Office LSVVE (6 mo's)

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, ITGeek said:

Well, I guess there is no avoiding Manila.  The local NBI office is for Filipinos only, I'll have to make trip to the main NBI office (Ermita?).  Problem is next week they have ASEAN meeting, so most government offices are closed and May 1st is also holiday.

Does anyone know what  happens if my ACR-I card expires (May 11) before I'm able to obtain NBI clearance and submit 13a application?  My tourist visa is good until July 6th.

My new plan is to schedule NBI appointment online (new requirement) at their main office.  I'll book room at Bay View hotel (across from US Embassy) near NBI main office too I believe.  My asawa and I will take bus overnight from Cabanatuan to Manila so we get to NBI office by opening time.  Then we stay night and next day travel by bus to Angeles BI office to file 13a.  Think it will be faster than filing 13a at Intramuros BI office.

If you do the NBI at the main office they give it to you then and there?

At Olongapo NBI no appointment was needed and if you are 60 you can use the senior line.  However, you don't get it for a few weeks, at the same office.

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
On 4/22/2017 at 7:38 PM, OnMyWay said:

At Olongapo NBI no appointment was needed and if you are 60 you can use the senior line.  However, you don't get it for a few weeks, at the same office.

I've given some thought about just trying to submit 13a with my FBI clearance and local US police clearance and see if they notice I've been here more than 6 mo's.  If they require the NBI clearance, then we can just head over to NBI office at Olongapo, just a skip away from Angeles.

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
On 4/22/2017 at 7:38 PM, OnMyWay said:

I'm not sure if they give me clearance in hand at Main NBI office (were you asking question?).  I was hoping someone had recently been through that process at that office could tell me.  The NBI website says I do get it immediately.  If true, then our plans to take bus overnight to Manila, arrive at Main NBI office at opening, stay overnight and take bus to BI office in Angeles Marque Mall for 13a application.  I wanted to avoid the Main BI office in Intramuros, since I've heard it's very crowded.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/24/2017 at 1:34 PM, ITGeek said:

US police clearance and see if they notice I've been here more than 6 mo's.

If you have been here 6 months a police clearance is not required from the home country.