From B B to tourist

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 4/20/2017 at 9:43 AM, RBM said:

An acquaintance of mine whom lives quite far from an immigration office has asked me to try an clarify this, I have no face book account so unable to send a message and calling is hopeless.

His BB status was about due so he took a long trip to immigration and converted to a 2 month tourist visa plus filled out forms for a ACR card.

Unfortunately he forgot to ask if he needs a ECC clearance before leaving the country as he plans to do next month.

Perhaps one of the readers here has done similar and able answer the question.

I now have the answer here.

If one is staying on after obtaining a BB stamp there is no problem. My friend converted to a tourist visa, 2 months. He was advised to also apply for an ACI card although not essential. 

As he is leaving the country next month he made very firm inquiries as to if he would need to obtain an ECC, the answer was NO. They informed him as far as immigration goes he  has just started his first 2 months the in the country, the BB is irrelevant, hope this info is helpful.

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, RBM said:

I now have the answer here.

If one is staying on after obtaining a BB stamp there is no problem. My friend converted to a tourist visa, 2 months. He was advised to also apply for an ACI card although not essential. 

As he is leaving the country next month he made very firm inquiries as to if he would need to obtain an ECC, the answer was NO. They informed him as far as immigration goes he  has just started his first 2 months the in the country, the BB is irrelevant, hope this info is helpful.

As long as the airport is singing from the same hyme sheet:hystery:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Gary D said:

As long as the airport is singing from the same hyme sheet:hystery:

This thought had crossed my mind also. I have asked officials a question and got the deer in the headlights look then the answer yes and I wasn't filled with confidence. Considering the culture, saying yes might simply be a polite way to get you out of the office without them having to call someone or look up the answer.:89:

• Like 3