FIESTA WEEK Aghhhhhhhhhh!
3 3

38 posts in this topic

ID: 1   Posted

confused-man.png Here we are, Fiesta week in our Barangay, almost as bad as the Carol Singers? Now we have the totally out of Tune Banjo Players. I Love to see people enjoying the week and Tonight is the Feast night But :571c66d400c8c_1(103): from 7.30am til well after 8pm they come with hands held out Yes we give to the Majority but When I travel up to the Events section I never see any, They are banned from the Area because of the Din they make ( Hmm with the Volume there I don't stay long at all and I doubt the banjo's could be Heard anyway) and you know what? I doubt they spend the money they get from the Local Area in the Local Area so maybe next year I will not give to the Hoards that come out of the bush at this time of the Year. I remember some years ago, we went to a Village Fiesta way up the hills only to be told it is for locals really you know. Hospitality HUH! Yet down they come for our Money to fund their Fiesta that we are not really welcome to attend. YET all are welcome down on this Patch I know it is their Custom and I enjoy it in the main but I do wish it could be organised better. Having said this, maybe it is organised and I just don't see/recognize it. The Usual habit of 7.30pm Kick off will be 8.30 Start and Food whenever :hystery: Watch I say, we will go at 8pm and it will be just my luck they Started on time :mocking: 

Mini rant over :whistling:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 2   Posted

I usually run the other way when there is a citywide fiesta. If you are at the edge there is nothing to see but a crowd, if you are at the center you are there for the duration. I suppose I would have to attend if I knew someone who had a part in the festivities, horrible thought that!:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 3   Posted

Wow Jack--Banjo players scouting for money?! That's a new one!  April and May and June too are big fiesta months here in our area.  The all night disco bass beat is worse than that I would think. I'm not a big fiesta person, but I appreciate how important it is to locals here, so I try to be patient. Invitation only technically, but many crashers that seem to be tolerated especially distant relatives. Mostly I'll just take a pass. 

 

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 4   Posted

9 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

 

Wow Jack--Banjo players scouting for money?! That's a new one!

 

:hystery: You are obviously not near the sea and visited by the badjao? Tribes ( The Sea Gypsies) :smile:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 5   Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Mostly I'll just take a pass. 

 

What?  You're gonna take a pass on my dance ensemble?  My groupies practiced all year, just to entertain you.  I'm so disappointed.

Groupies.JPG

Respectfully Jakie

 

Edited by Jake
4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 6   Posted

13 minutes ago, Jake said:

What?  You're gonna take a pass on my dance ensemble?  My groupies practiced all year, just to entertain you.  I'm so disappointed.

Groupies.JPG

Respectfully Jakie

 

Wow Jake.. maybe I can make an exception..:smile:

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 7   Posted

17 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: You are obviously not near the sea and visited by the badjao? Tribes ( The Sea Gypsies) :smile:

No fortunately not Jack!!:mocking:

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 8   Posted

I cannot take the loud fiestas anymore either.  I tried them when I first arrived.  In my early 50s I could drink enough that I did not care.  Now I cannot drink so much and I just leave the area.  I get a headache just thinking about it.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 9   Posted

1 hour ago, Jake said:

What?  You're gonna take a pass on my dance ensemble?  My groupies practiced all year, just to entertain you.  I'm so disappointed.

Groupies.JPG

Respectfully Jakie

 

Nice picture Jake.  You were easy to spot with your black hair!:hystery:

 

 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ID: 10   Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

confused-man.png Here we are, Fiesta week in our Barangay, almost as bad as the Carol Singers? Now we have the totally out of Tune Banjo Players. I Love to see people enjoying the week and Tonight is the Feast night But :571c66d400c8c_1(103): from 7.30am til well after 8pm they come with hands held out Yes we give to the Majority but When I travel up to the Events section I never see any, They are banned from the Area because of the Din they make ( Hmm with the Volume there I don't stay long at all and I doubt the banjo's could be Heard anyway) and you know what? I doubt they spend the money they get from the Local Area in the Local Area so maybe next year I will not give to the Hoards that come out of the bush at this time of the Year. I remember some years ago, we went to a Village Fiesta way up the hills only to be told it is for locals really you know. Hospitality HUH! Yet down they come for our Money to fund their Fiesta that we are not really welcome to attend. YET all are welcome down on this Patch I know it is their Custom and I enjoy it in the main but I do wish it could be organised better. Having said this, maybe it is organised and I just don't see/recognize it. The Usual habit of 7.30pm Kick off will be 8.30 Start and Food whenever :hystery: Watch I say, we will go at 8pm and it will be just my luck they Started on time :mocking: 

Mini rant over :whistling:

Christmas time here was bad with the carol singers.Jack you are right  they come from other areas, I noticed that they were coming in by the droves in lorries.I ran out of change in the end so they got nothing.

 

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
fixed quotes
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
3 3