What is the "Right Visa"

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, bows00 said:

On-line classes in the Philippines?  I thought their internet sucks.  An no, I am not into young catholic boys.

Well some expats make a living teaching English online here.I am sure that you could also learn online.

Shoestring
Posted
Posted

Pardon me for saying so, but learning online is no fun.  Having a teacher on hand to answer your questions, clear up misunderstandings, and point you in the right direction has been the norm since Aristotle.  Also, having classmates to clue you in when you are absent or late or not sure of something is as good as gold.  Being able to attend classes and being able to contribute to the learning going on would be a big step towards being able to assimilate into the culture.  You would become known.  You would learn the language much faster.  You would have many friends in the community.  Being able to take classes has many benefits.

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shoestring said:

You would become known.  You would learn the language much faster.  You would have many friends in the community.  Being able to take classes has many benefits.

Hey Shoestring, are these comments based on experience?  Have you attended a university there?  The information on Expats attending a PI college is very limited out there...

Shoestring
Posted
Posted

I worked in education for a long time, so I've been in a lot of  classrooms.  I haven't been in a PI classroom, but I've been in U.S. classrooms, Mexican classrooms, Thai classrooms, Korean classrooms, and Ethiopian classrooms.  I want to study in the PI, but with all the rules and regulations, who knows if I'll make it into a PI classroom.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Shoestring said:

Also, having classmates to clue you in when you are absent or late

:hystery: Sorry but how can you be Late or Absent in front of a PC Monitor

• Like 1

Shoestring
Posted
Posted

Jack,

I'm not a big fan of online learning because learning is more than just mastering the material.  Depending on the online class, you might have designated days and times when you have to log on and chat with the teacher and the other students.  Not all online classes are independent learning courses.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Shoestring said:

Depending on the online class, you might have designated days and times when you have to log on and chat with the teacher and the other students.  Not all online classes are independent learning courses.

Scratching Head.jpg Well I never,  I guess we live and learn as each day goes bye.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Well could I pursue my life long ambition of hand fitting bras and panites in an indepent store (away from Fe) on a BB?

I too may become bored without something to occupy my minds Shoestring.

:cornflakes: 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Shoestring said:

I'm not a big fan of online learning because learning

As I raised 2 kids online using the "virtual education" school system I am a huge fan of it.  I find that control of the kids education passes from the teachers to the parents when its done right so we don't get egocentric teachers playing God with our kid's minds.

When you grow up with that system you really learn how to learn instead of learning how to be spoon fed by the teacher.  But there are pros and cons so now that I have given my opinion we can agree to disagree. :-)

EDIT:  Yeah, I know

education-teaching-off_topic-school-scho

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, bows00 said:

I thought their internet sucks. 

Although  it's a different topic internet depends on where you live so it does not suck everywhere. I have perfect internet and no problems at all. 

• Like 2