Change in BI hours

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

OK,  I just asked using that method.  If I get an answer I will post it.

:hystery: Remember it is Friday 4.15pm, I doubt anyone will want to start a conversation at this time

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

OK,  I just asked using that method.  If I get an answer I will post it.

And here is the question and answer, just that quick:

ME (to BI):  Good Afternoon.  I want to ask if this post is still accurate information.  I will link to it but I refer to the notice that says tourists who stay in Philippines from 6 months to 1 year may obtain an ECC at the airport

BI Response:  Yes sir, still on effect provided that you are already registered with BI Special Security Registration Number (SRRN).  Thanks

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:hystery: Remember it is Friday 4.15pm, I doubt anyone will want to start a conversation at this time

And now what do you think, old bean :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

middle finger.png Nicely of course

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Remember it is Friday 4.15pm, I doubt anyone will want to start a conversation at this time

Seems someone is monitoring Facebook message most of the time including weekends. I have asked things at various times and get a reply no matter the time or day. :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Bet you sent a Photo to a young pretty BI officer :whistling: will we see her on your page soon as a friend:hystery:

KIDDING KIDDING :89:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Bet you sent a Photo to a young pretty BI officer :whistling: will we see her on your page soon as a friend:hystery:

KIDDING KIDDING :89:

Many a true word said in jest 

• Like 3

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Unless its changed from 6 months to a year stay you can get at the airport, after that must go through a office. 

I asked at T2 Manila Immigration last March, and yes, one can get your ECC at the Immigration Cashier window, far left one. The one that I was talking to.

I asked at Bacolod BI last January, and the supervisor said you have to go Cebu to get the ECC. I said that I understand that you can now get it at Manila airport and I showed her the print out from BI and she said " It is up to you to take the chance but for sure, you can get it in Cebu." So then I left before 6 months was up. I like to gamble but I hate taking chances.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jpbago said:

I like to gamble but I hate taking chances.

Daily occurrence here, is it NOT:whistling:

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Unless its changed from 6 months to a year stay you can get at the airport, after that must go through a office. 

When I did my imm renewal in Gensan last week there was a new information sheet posted. Informing that all foreigners residing in the Philippines for more than 6 months on a 9a visa had to allow 2 weeks/10 working days for an ECC. I did post this elsewhere at the time. Also, there was definitely a noon break, it was shut and I had to return later after 1.15pm. It seems mileage does really vary!

• Like 2