Aircon Sizing - Your Thoughts as a User?

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Recently bought two LG units for our House.  Went into store, had maybe 6 brands.  I wanted the Carrier units but only had a 5 year guarantee v the LG that had 10 year guarantee and around 15% cheaper.  Was a no brainer.

Oh, they came and did survey and sized units also.

• Like 5

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

I purchased a Carrier 2 HP split aircon for my 32 sqm master bedroom and a Carrier 2.5 HP split for my 40 sqm downstairs sala area.  I keep both set @ 27C (dry mode not max cool) and run them both pretty much 24/7.  Average Celcor electric bill was about 7k PHP/buwan, except last buwan it was 11k!  Everyone complaining about huge rate increase last buwan!

Anyone else have same similar experience or know of why the increase?  Our monthly KWH usage is about the same. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, ITGeek said:

I purchased a Carrier 2 HP split aircon for my 32 sqm master bedroom and a Carrier 2.5 HP split for my 40 sqm downstairs sala area.  I keep both set @ 27C (dry mode not max cool) and run them both pretty much 24/7.  Average Celcor electric bill was about 7k PHP/buwan, except last buwan it was 11k!  Everyone complaining about huge rate increase last buwan!

Anyone else have same similar experience or know of why the increase?  Our monthly KWH usage is about the same. 

Wouldn't it be better to stick to the topic and start a new one about rate increases as it just throws the topic off base. :89:

mogo51
Posted
Posted

As Jack said the 'new' invertor types use much less electricity.  I can verify this as I bought one in Thailand and there was a significant drop on electricity costs.

• Like 1

ITGeek
Posted
Posted
On 5/19/2017 at 1:09 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Wouldn't it be better to stick to the topic and start a new one about rate increases as it just throws the topic off base. :89:

My apologies, mate.  I wasn't trying to muddy the waters.  I only mentioned it because I thought aircon buyers typically want info on monthly costs for operating their aircons units.  :bonk:  

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Regardless of what you buy... TIE KNOTS in the electric wire to the unit. Tight knots, 5 or so if there is room. Voltage spikes do not turn corners well and there is a measurable drop in the spike for each tight knot in the wire. Do this for refrigerators and computers as well especially if you do not use a surge protector.