Children banned on motorcycles starting tomorrow

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

How was that even accomplished Reboot?!!

As I said in an earlier post where there is a Will but then "PLATO" said did he not? ;

**Necessity is the mother of invention** definition. A need or problem, encourages creative efforts to meet the need or solve the problem.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Queenie O. said:

How was that even accomplished Reboot?!!

Photoshopped?? Look close at the tires.... very little compression seen and those trees and rider are a lot heavier than the weight the tire can carry. Unless balsa wood trees?  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Photoshopped?? Look close at the tires.... very little compression seen and those trees and rider are a lot heavier than the weight the tire can carry. Unless balsa wood trees?  

I daresay it is but I think we should look and this as (improbable as it may be) something that those here, just may try and Do :89:

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

When I read the news article it seemed to me that this was only being enforced on National rds. These roads would have heavy traffic and vehicles travelling over 60 KPH.So as far as I can tell the provinces will be overlooked.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

where there is a Will but then "PLATO" said did he not?

Is that Plato the one who said: Where there is a Will, it is not valid in Philippines due to mandatory inheritance laws? :whistling: :hystery: :Policeman:

Sorry folks, off topic.  We now go back to our regularly scheduled topic.  

kids on bikes.jpg

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Is that Plato the one who said: Where there is a Will, it is not valid in Philippines due to mandatory inheritance laws? :whistling: :hystery: :Policeman:

Sorry folks, off topic.  We now go back to our regularly scheduled topic.  

kids on bikes.jpg

confused-man.png David, David, David, :thumbsup: That's the Guy

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

There was a collision of two cyclists recently nearby. One was a habalhabal driver, and one carrying two young children to school. Neither motorcycles were registered., and no licenses. Blessedly no one was badly hurt, although one child was thrown. No citations were given to either driver. Many multicabs and motorcycles are not registered here in the province, because of the costs involved. I can't see how this ruling will be enforced on any level where we live.

In the topic on the new law against texting while driving, some one posted that the police will mail the ticket to the offenders. Well, with no license plates, and often no mailing address, that is not likely to happen. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, jpbago said:

ticket to the offenders

Too true, but remember this is really designed for Metro Manila. The plan, as I understand it, is to mail the tiket to the address listed on the registration. The ones that respond, LTO is ahead of the game. Those that don't will get nabbed when they try to re new their registration (yearly) or their drivers license. They don't pay no new license or registration.

I am as skeptical as the next guy, but sooner or later the system will probably catch up with them.

I know along the main road near my house, they run snap check points every so often for motorcycle registration etc. Last month I sat and watched for a bit. in 45 minutes they has two good size trucks loaded up with violators.

I think most will agree that this is a nation of scoff  laws, maybe just maybe the powers that be are at least trying, time will tell

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

I think most will agree that this is a nation of scoff  laws, maybe just maybe the powers that be are at least trying, time will tell

I like the way you put it.

Even in other countries the law is first enforced in the major cities before working its way back into the rural areas.  I once heard it put:  If you've only been to Manila then you haven't been to Philippines.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

With all these new laws it should be nice to no longer see little kids riding on scooters and while smoking in public. :hystery:

• Like 3